Premium Channel Strip Performance plus Affordability? You Have Found It!Looking for a killer channel strip, at a great price? To paraphrase Archimedes, you have found it! We know it's not necessarily cool to quote ancient Greek guys when we're excited, but PreSonus's Eureka works so well and costs so little that it made us throw caution to the wind. You'll love this thing! What do you get? You get plenty. Eureka gives you a (deep breath) Class A, variable-impedance preamp plus a saturation knob (great for dialing in those thick tube tones). You also get an absolutely awesome 3-band EQ and a full-featured compressor... and all of this is packed into a single rackspace of goodness!
Plug into Eureka and you'll instantly love that Class A Presonus preamp. Add in the fact that you get variable impedance and all your mics will love it too (even those gain-demanding ribbons). It's all here: phantom power, a 20dB pad, a phase-inversion button, an 80Hz rumble filter, and even a very, very cool Saturation control that lets you dial in a very tube-like vibe.
Are you all about tweaking your tones before they hit "tape?" Then you'll certainly get more than your money's worth out of Eureka's fantastic 3-band EQ. We're talking fully parametric here. You can also place this awesome equalizer before or after the compressor in the signal chain. PreSonus does it up right!
And, speaking of Eureka's compressor... it's a winner! You get variable ratio, attack, release, and gain-makeup controls plus a highpass filter on the sidechain. This means super-effective de-essing and very useful frequency-specific compression. You also get soft-knee compression mode for even more flexibility.
Eureka makes it easy to apply that PreSonus magic to all of your sound sources, thanks to instrument, line, and mic inputs. You can also use the XLR and TRS outputs at the same time. Want even more flexibility? Use the balanced send and return jacks to bring your favorite outboard gear to the tone party. If you're serious about making your projects sound better but don't want to make a big dent in your budget, then Eureka is the channel strip for you.
PreSonus Eureka 1-channel Preamp/Compressor/EQ Features at a Glance:
- Award-winning Class A transformer-coupled mic preamp
- Variable impedance - especially useful for ribbon microphones
- Saturation knob for tube saturation emulation
- 48V phantom power
- 80Hz rumble filter
- 20dB pad
- Phase-inversion button
- Full featured compressor, with variable threshold, attack, release, ratio, gain makeup
- Highpass filter on the sidechain - allows for de-essing and other frequency specific compression applications
- Soft-knee compression mode
- Fully parametric 3-band equalizer with overlapping bands
- Switchable staging for the EQ and compressor - place the compressor before the EQ or vice-versa
- Gain reduction or output metering for VU meter (switchable)
- Balanced send and return jacks for inserting outboard gear
- Instrument, line and microphone input
- Dual outputs: TRS and XLR (both can be used simultaneously)