The Unbelievable "Made for Mac" Interface!
What's cool about the Ensemble is that it's a way for all of us to get into Apogee's world-class sound quality - and a lot of channels of it, at that. While Apogee has offered high-end gear for a long time, this is one of the first examples of their high-end technology being brought to a truly attainable price point. In short, your Mac, an Ensemble, and a piece of recording software can be the heart of your recording studio. There are four preamplifiers (again, amazing sound quality), so you can plug in microphones and record a number of sources at once. Keep in mind, the ADAT I/O opens up the doors to even more channels, so you can get in eight more channels digitally.
With a fast FireWire connection and a "Made for Mac" mentality, the Apogee Ensemble has become the first pick among professional studio guys and gals who need a portable interface or a secondary mobile rig. It's also earned the #1 spot on the wish lists of countless home recordists and project studio owners. With Apogee conversion built-in, not to mention outstanding preamplifier quality and the built-in I/O to accommodate considerably large setups, the Apogee Ensemble is a dream FireWire audio interface and a can't-go-wrong choice.
Apogee Ensemble Digital Audio Interface Features:
- Compatible with Macs only
- Eight channels of premium 24-bit 192K AD/DA conversion
- Four digitally controlled 75db microphone preamps
- Two fully balanced inserts on mic pre channels
- Four hi-Z instrument inputs capable of handling high-level instruments
- Two individual, controllable and assignable high level headphone outputs
- 2-, 6-, or 8-channel monitor outputs
- Eight channels of ADAT I/O
- FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)
- Two channels of SPDIF I/O
- Soft Limit for maximum digital input level without overs
- UV22HR for superior dither of 24-bit resolution down to 16-bit
- Advanced, dual-stage Intelliclock
- Complete integration and control with Apple's Logic Pro Software
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications
- Apogee's Maestro Software for advanced control and routing outside of Logic Pro