Like a Vintage Leveling Amp - But Better!Manley puts a new spin on the electro-optical limiter/leveling amplifier with the ELOP. Built on the same principals but employing different technologies, the ELOP manages to avoid the pitfalls (like high-frequency loss) that plagued many older opto-based units. So what did they do differently? Well, the ELOP uses modern VACTROL technology, which helps fight off the problems of older leveling amp designs. Oh, and the 100% all-tube audio path loads up your tracks with the musicality that can only be found in serious tube gear. And you can actually bypass the limiting circuitry, leaving only the line amps in the circuit. Perfect for vocals and individual instruments, the ELOP can also be used on stereo material as well.
Tubes Rule! That's the sentiment EveAnna Manley and Manley Labs screams from the mountain top. And judging from the way Manley Labs gear sounds, tubes could very well rule! All of Manley's gear is designed and crafted in Chino, CA, and nothing but premium components are used. The end result is some of the finest gear you can put in your rack. If you're serious about your sound, get Manley and hear what you've been missing!
Manley ELOP Electro-optical Limiter Features:
- All-tube audio path 12AU7WA + 6414 per ch.
- Unbalanced 1/4" Inputs And Outputs
- Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Inputs And Outputs
- High-current drive <50 ohm 1/4" & XLR outputs
- Silent conductive plastic Input attenuators
- Max. Gain Reduction 22dB
- Attack time: 10mS for 6dB GR
- Release: 2.5 Seconds for 6dB GR
- Maximum Input (Bypass through Line Amplifier) +30 dBv (with Limit "IN" the maximum is entirely variable)
- Maximum Output +30 dBv
- Headroom (referenced to +4 dBv) 26dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 70kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Bypass switches and Automute w/warmup delay
- Large Illuminated Sifam VU Meters
- Meters switch to read Output or Reduction
- Stereo Link
- Sidechain High-Pass Filter 100Hz or 200Hz
- THD & Noise (1kHz @ +4 dBm): .015%
- Noise Floor (Gain set to minimum): -80dB Wideband
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 126dB typical
- Maximum gain: 15dB
- Power consumption: 40 watts
- Dimensions: 19" x 3-1/2" x 10" (occupies 2RU)
- Shipping weight: 16 lbs.