Infect the Dance Floor with This Fantastic Little Box!The Korg Electribe series is back with the hot new Electribe ESX1SD. This updated version has all of the same stellar features that made the Electribe SX such a big hit, including incredible ease of use, rocking sampling technology, and crazy sound-shaping tools, plus some new goodies of its own. The Electribe ESX1SD now offers the flexibility of storing and recalling song data from up to 32GB SDHC cards. That's a ton of space for storing samples and patterns! The Electribe ESX1SD also comes loaded with material from some of the world's hottest underground electronic musicians, including Emika, the Anti-pop Consortium, Shrikednb (Tom Thorpe), Denkitribe, mryat, and Scribej.
At the heart of the Electribe ESX1SD is one of the easiest-to-use sequencers on earth. Don't confuse "easy to use" with "limited" though, as the Electribe ESX1D has some serious tricks up its sleeve. Real-time recording makes it a snap to capture phrases on the fly, whereas step sequencing offers the power to individually program each note's timing, pitch, and duration - all with brain-dead really simple controls. Combining real-time recording and step sequencing is a rocking and quick way to lay down ideas and get tweaky with them to perfection. In fact, the Electribe SXSD lets you record and edit more than just note data, via its expressive motion-sequencing functions.
Motion sequencing records layers of knob tweaks in genuine time, allowing you to build intensely complex sequences, one brain-dead simple layer at a time. The same way that you can edit note data, you can edit motion sequences one step at a time. With up to 24 motion sequences per pattern, you have more than enough available layers to touch every major parameter. Just check out the Electribe ESX1SD's 192 pre-programmed patterns to find out how intense this sequencer can get! You can easily make complete songs inside the Electribe ESX1SD, or sync it to other gear. Both built-in MIDI I/O and automatic BPM detection allow the Electribe ESX1SD to play well with other synths or drum machines.
The Electribe ESX1SD is the perfect counterpart to the Electribe MXSD, using flexible sampling technology to give you killer groove-making tools. In all, the Electribe ESX1SD features a total of 16 simultaneous sampling parts. You get nine one-shot sample slots (perfect for drums, dialogue clips, and effects), plus two melodic parts for playing samples at various pitches via either the pads or an external keyboard controller. Other sampling functions include Stretch Parts, which conform to the tempo, and Slice Parts, which allow you to creatively rearrange loops. You can even record you own loops inside of the Electribe ESX1SD and resample them. Combined with the Electribe ESX1SD's intense effects engines, these sampling methods give you serious sound-shaping power.
The Electribe ESX1SD comes packed with killer effects. Dual 12AX7 vacuum tubes are the driving force behind Korg's Valve Force technology, which adds fat and warm overtones to your sounds. The Electribe ESX1SD's three stereo effects processors give you access to some crazy sound-warping effects, in addition to a list of more conventional effects. Check these out! There's the Talking Modulator, which adds wild formant shifting to give you sounds that fall anywhere between a Frampton-esque vibe and an alien's chattering. You can dial in the Grain Shifter and make glittery overtones or pure digital chaos. And since you can configure the Electribe ESX1SD's effects engines either independently or in series, there's no limit to the amazing sounds you can make!
Korg Electribe ESX1SD Sampling Workstation Features at a Glance:
- Auto BPM Detection sets the tempo based on any external audio source
- New patterns from hot new artists
- 3 stereo effects can be chained together for radical sound warping
- Arpeggiator: Ribbon + slider, scale
- Power consumption: 24W
- Motion Sequence function captures and replays sound-tweaking knob movements
- Incredible ease of use (you don't have to be a synth nut to program it)
- Twin vacuum tube Valve Force circuitry delivers analog richness or menacing bite
- Built-in step sequencer for brain-dead really simple song production
- External memory: Up to 32GB SDHC card media
- Effects: 16 types x 3 (chain)
- Power supply: AC IN (AC9V)
- Accessories: AC adapter
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz
- Sequencer: Pattern: Max 128 steps by part, max 24 motion sequence by pattern
- Input: 1/4" Tip-sleeve audio in
- MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology) sound engine offers 16 types of tone generation
- Song: Max 256 patterns, max 20,000 event recording
- Output: 1/4" Tip-sleeve main, 1/4" Tip-sleeve individual 3, 4, 1/4" headphone
- Vacuum tube: 2 x 12AX7
- Internal memory storage: 256 patterns, 64 songs
- Number of parts: 16 total; 2 synth, 9 drum, 1 drum accent, 2 stretch, 1 slice, 1 audio
- Number of samples (internal memory only): 384 (100 mono, 128 stereo), max 285 (mono) seconds
- Rocking arpeggiator uses Korg's ribbon controller and slider for generating inspired phrases
- Weight: 6.83 lbs.
- MIDI: In, output, throughput
- Dimensions: 14.09"(W) x 10.08"(D) x 2.44"(H) (including protrusions)
- Crisp filters and speedy-smooth timbral modulation