This Vintage EQ Will Blow Your Mind!EQ-1NV continues Awesome River's string of producing EQs and microphone preamps that put modern spins on "Neve-esque" designs. The EQ-1NV, though based on a classic, classic design, is made with features that allow it to seamlessly combine into the world of DAWs. The inclusion of the 1/4" Tip-ring-sleeve -10dBv out offers zero latency monitoring for DAW users. The EQ-1NV brings the classic, warm sounds of classic units into a box that easily situates itself easily into any live or studio rig where fidelity is of utmost concern.
Sweet River EQ-1NV At-a-Glance:
- Modern Spin on the British Classic
- Flexible I/O for Stage and Studio
Modern Spin on the British Classic
The EQ-1NV (one channel equalizer) greatly modernizes the classic British "1081/1083"-type design. This "desktop" (and rackable) digitally controlled analog parametric EQ offers similar topology to classic 1081/1083 models, but with welcome improvements. Newly designed Class-A discrete single-ended amps and true inductor/capacitor (L/C) circuitry add greater clarity and dynamic range to the musicality of the vintage-era models. The EQ-1NV also has a one-of-a-kind discrete high-current Class-A balanced out stage.
Flexible I/O for Stage and Studio
To make life in the studio (and on the road) easier, the EQ-1NV has been specifically designed to combine with the patch loop in Awesome River NV Series microphone preamplifiers (with one Tip-ring-sleeve 1/4" cable), for complete flexibility in tracking and mixing. The front panel in selector / sensitivity switch offers the option of using the signal from the EQ-1NV's transformer-coupled line input (ranging from +8dbm to -20dbm), or the patched signal from the NV preamplifier. When connected via the patch loop, the four EQ sections are inserted between the microphone (or DI) input's first gain stage (with level control and metering) and the preamplifier's out gain stage and "big iron" transformer (also with level control and metering). This routing flexibility offers a broad range of sonic/harmonic possibilities and maintains a full Class-A signal path.
Amazing River EQ-1NV Features:
- One channel, discrete Class-A design
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced line in and out;
- 1/4" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; Tip-ring-sleeve
- 1/4" insert patch point for NV Series microphone preamplifier (inserts EQ between NV preamplifier gain stages)
- Wide range of input sensitivity from +8dbm to -20dbm with selection between line in and insert patch point
- 4 bands independently enabled with +/-15db boost/cut
- 1,2,3, or 4 bands can be used simultaneously
- Hi and low bands selectable between peaking and shelving
- Hi-mid and low-mid bands each have 3 selectable Q positions
- 3rd order selectable frequency high pass filter
- Hardwire bypass of equalizer section
- Internal low-noise shielded power supply (externally selectable for 110 / 220 volt; 50 / 60 Hz)
- 3 year warranty with registration