Built to Travel and Ready to Record!"Ready to withstand serious punishment" isn't a common way to describe a pro-quality recording interface, but the Akai EIE Pro certainly sets a new standard for road ready recoding solutions. If you're constantly on the go, and you need a USB recording interface you can count on not only to work, but to provide you with exceptional sound quality, then the EIE Pro is perfect for you. Based on the original ultra-tough EIE interface, the EIE Pro's cast aluminum chassis can stand up to serious wear and tear. But that's just part of what makes the Akai EIE Pro perfect for your portable recording rig.
Although its real claim to fame is the EIE Pro's impressive 24-bit/96kHz recording capability, this 4-in/4-out recording interface adds extra functionality to your laptop-based recording rig. In addition to four nickel-plated XLR/TRS combo jacks, the EIE Pro sports three extra USB ports, so you can hook up your keyboard, control surface, iLok, or any other useful recording gadgets - even if your laptop's a little short on ports. Plus, the EIE Pro features MIDI I/O as well. Top it off with killer bonuses, like zero-latency input monitoring, a dual-function headphone output, and a pair of old-school VU meters, and there's no denying that the Akai EIE Pro audio interface packs a ton of value for the buck!
Akai EIE Pro USB Audio Interface Features:
- Ultra-portable USB audio interface that's perfect for on-the-go recording
- Rock-solid cast-aluminum construction
- Record 24-bit audio at 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, or 96kHz resolution
- 4 nickel-plated, front-mounted XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power provide convenient access for your mic, line, and instrument sources
- 2 classic, high-quality VU meters let you keep an eye on your levels
- Red peak LEDs indicate clipping
- Built-in 3-port USB hub and MIDI I/O let you hook up additional gear
- Headphone output with switchable source
- Direct monitoring dial for zero-latency monitoring
- Includes power adapter, USB cable, and quick start guide