Makes it Easy to Get Great Sound!
Over here, we think Blue named the dragonfly for how it sounds. On vocals, it's light and airy - perfectly "wispy," almost... but with a certain elegance and presence. People like dragonflies. Even babies like dragonflies. There's something about them. But what's cool about the Blue Dragonfly is that when you get it up on other sources... like electric guitar, like drums... the "Dragon" in the Dragonfly comes out and rears its head. Not enough to be scary, but enough to give you that punch and cut and clarity you want. This dragon may not breath fire, but if your amp does (in volume terms) it can handle it, thanks to a 138dB SPL handling spec. Loud sources? No problem.
One more cool factoid about the Blue Dragonfly. This large-diaphragm condenser microphone has a slick rotating head feature. You tweakhead are going to love this. Get the microphone set up on its stand, right about where you want it. Then rotate the head a little bit with your headphones on, so you can fine-tune its placement and get a really sweet sound. Makes your life easier. Especially when you're recording hard-to-mic instruments, say strings.
Blue Dragonfly Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Multi-purpose mic - ideal for pop vocal, electric guitar, and drum overheads
- Cardioid Condenser with Class A discrete circuitry
- Blue's famous hand-built large diaphragm capsule
- Versatile sound - rich lows, contoured mid-range, silky presence in the highs
- Integrated elastic shockmount and rotating head for optimal placement
- Hand-tuned and tested
- Includes linen storage box