Great DAW Software!NOTE: This is a specially-priced competitive upgrade offer for owners of qualifying DAW software.
MOTU Digital Performer 7 is here! This edition of one of the world's leading DAW software programs arrives with an armload of new sounds and new workflow-enhancing features. With Digital Performer 7, you can realize all your musical ambitions within one, customizable framework. A new suite of modeled guitar effects plug-ins deliver world-class guitar tones. All of this is available in the new Digital Performer 7!
MOTU Digital Performer 7 at a Glance:
- Dozens of new tools and enhancements
- Live Room | G cabinet modeler
- Custom '59 amp modeler
- Now with classic guitar pedal effects
Classic guitar pedal effects
Digital Performer 7's suite of stunningly accurate classic guitar pedal emulations are modeled after all-time favorites from Boss, MXR, Electro-Harmonix, Ibanez and others. These stomp box plug-ins produce authentic tones made famous by the signature guitar sounds of artists such as Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, Carlos Santana, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and many other rock/pop legends. When users dial in settings for their favorite guitar tones, the resulting sound is identical to - and indistinguishable from - the genuine thing. The suite includes nine pedals, including the Tube Wailer, Uber Tube, Diamond Drive, RXT, Delta Fuzz, Wah Pedal and others. Users can experiment with hundreds of tones and thousands of combinations.
Custom '59 amp modeler
Custom '59 meticulously models three all-time classic guitar amplifiers: the Fender Bassman, the Marshall JTM45 and the Marshall JCM800. Users can adjust tone settings, drive and tube combinations to produce rich, luscious guitar tones that faithfully reproduce the sound of each amp. But Custom '59 goes further: users can mix and match the preamplifier tube, preamplifier circuit and tone stack from each model to make their own custom amps. The possibilities for tone are virtually limitless, all born from the iconic pedigree of three mythical originals.
Live Room | G
Digital Performer 7's Live Room | G is a superb physical modeling speaker cabinet emulator plug-in with four microphone channels (two mono and one stereo), mixable microphone positions (close, near and far) and 3-band EQ per channel. What convolution did for reverb, Live Room | G does for speaker cabinet emulation, thanks to the next-generation physical modeling technology at its core. Engineered for the unprecedented power of today's personal computers, the modeling technology in Live Room | G captures every nuance and detail of the hundreds of factors that interact to recreate the rich, detailed sound of a speaker cabinet in a genuine room recorded by four separate microphones. Five cabinet models are supplied, including a 4x12 Modern for ultra-distorted chunks and sludge, a 4x12 Classic for those '80s hair-band tributes and '70s proto-metal, and a 2x12 Combo for Muscle-Shoals-style southern rock and country.
MOTU Digital Performer 7 New Features:
- Channel Strip - a customizable, floating window (or edit window cell) that offers instant access to each track's mixer channel. Channel strip always follows the track the user is working on.
- Inline EQ and dynamics - lets users control EQ and dynamics straight in each Mixing Board channel with a multiband graphic EQ display and a vintage-style compression meter, using any included EQ or dynamics processor, such as Digital Performer's award-winning modeled British console EQ and leveling amp faithfully modeled after the mythical LA-2A.
- Consolidated V-Racks - lets users view V-Rack virtual instruments and effects side by side with disk tracks in the Mixing Board.
- Info Bar mixer controls - provide instant access to mixer channel settings in any edit window and follow the track being worked on.
- Large Counter - users can freely resize the Counter window to any size, even the entire width of their computer screen.
- Marker Counter - displays markers in large type straight in the Control Panel and/or resizable Counter window. Users can instantly jump to any marker, and even use markers as a teleprompter for lyrics during live performance or recording sessions.
- Lyrics - users can type in lyrics straight below notes on the QuickScribe page, or paste them into the lyric window from their word processor and flow them into a track with one click. Lyrics can be shared among several parts.
- Transposable chord symbols - users can add complex chord symbols straight on the page and transpose them at any time, together with or independently from notes. Plus lyrics, users now have everything they need to quickly make and print standard lead sheets.
- QuickScribe notation enhancements - numerous enhancements help speed notation workflow and give users even more control over the look of their score.
- Support for Pro Tools 8 - Digital Performer 7 delivers industry-leading support for operation as a complete software front-end for Pro Tools | HD systems.
- Next-generation sample rate conversion - a new ultra-fast, CPU-efficient sample rate conversion algorithm delivers increased precision, efficiency, and transparency, with a 138dB signal-to-noise ratio.
- Real-time crossfades - all crossfades are now computed in genuine time for lightning-fast edits.
- Wave64 support - support for the industry standard Wave64 extension to the Broadcast WAVE file format lets users record and import audio files larger than 4GB.
- Range automation modes - users can raise, lower or write automation moves within any selected range, preserving everything before and after.
- Audio Unit instrument side chains - users can route side chain ins to any third-party Audio Unit plug-ins that support side chains.