Toss These on Your Decks and TEAR IT UP!If you're into serious DJing, then there's one cat you've got to know about - Ean Golden, the mastermind behind DJ TechTools. This time Ean Golden swapped his usual "hey guys, check out this cool new controller" line for "hey Novation, listen up. I've got a great idea!" Dreamt up by Golden and developed by Novation in collaboration with Serato, here's one of the coolest little DJ toys on the planet: the Dicer. The Dicer comes as a pair of five button cue and loop triggers with three mode switches. Simple, right? But wait, there's more to the Dicer. Keep reading.
You know that old saying about how "form follows function." Well, that's what's so cool about the Dicer. These little controllers fit right on top of your turntables, exactly where you need them when you need them. Screw them in place on your old-school Techniques rig, or stick 'em on to your CDJs or whatever with reusable putty. No more fumbling around for that trigger pad or whatever and botching you moves; now you can just reach down to the corner of your deck and your triggers are under your fingertips. In Serato Scratch, you get Hot Cue, Loop Roll, and Auto Loop modes, with each mode changing the color of the buttons (instant feedback, not a bad thing at all). And just in case you're wondering, yes, you can use the Dicer controller set with other DJ software, too. Isn't it time you upgraded your old decks with a Novation Dicer controller set?
Novation Dicer DJ Controller Features at a Glance:
- Backlit, multicolor, soft-touch "dice" buttons provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10s and similar decks
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers, and laptops
- Reusable DJ putty allows you to stick the Dicer cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer, or laptop
- Pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue-point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including Hot Cues, Auto Roll, and Loop Roll
- Fully MIDI assignable to work with all major DJ software
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software
- USB bus powered
- Designed by Novation, in collaboration with Serato and DJ TechTools' Ean Golden