Get Better Audio from Your Rig!Exactly how important are quality D-to-A converters? The answer's simple. Next to your studio monitors, converters are the most important part of your monitoring chain. In fact, budget converters can kill the sound of even the best studio monitors. That's what's so cool about the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus - it gives you world-class digital-to-analog conversion, without the inflated price tag. Here's another cool thing about the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus: it's built to work with any kind of rig. It's got both coaxial and optical digital inputs, so you can take the digital output of your interface, or you can hook it right up to your computer via USB and take the feed straight from your DAW.
These aren't your typical run-of-the-mill converters either. Cambridge Audio gave their DacMagic Plus a set of killer Wolfson WM8740 24-bit conversion circuits and arranged them in a dual-differential configuration. Woah, that's a mouthful, right? Well, the point is that you won't find quality converters like these in just any gear. Here's where it gets crazy. The DacMagic Plus also features some pretty powerful DSP onboard, including Anagram Technologies ATF2 Adapted Time Filtering asynchronous 384kHz upsampling for incredible resolution. On the analog side, the DacMagic Plus reproduces harmonic overtone all the way up to 100kHz - way higher than human hearing, but arguably just as important as what you can hear. The result: clear, extremely wide stereo that will really let you hear the music you produce.
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus Digital-to-analog Converter Features:
- Incredible digital-to-analog conversion for all of your digital gear
- The perfect last step before your monitors
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 24bit DACs used in dual differential configuration provide amazing conversion quality
- Anagram Technologies ATF2 24-bit/384kHz audio upsampling with DSP jitter reduction actively counteracts compression and poor-quality digital audio
- Asynchronous USB transfer provides ultra-low jitter
- Optional Digital Preamp mode allows direct connection to power amp or active speakers
- Selectable digital filters include linear phase, minimum phase, and steep formats
- Balanced XLR audio output and unbalanced RCA phono output let you hook up all of your favorite analog gear
- External input for optional BT100 Bluetooth receiver allows audio to be streamed and up-sampled from any paired Bluetooth device
- Supports high quality apt-X Bluetooth CODEC as well as standard SBC Bluetooth CODEC