Tone, Tone, and MORE TONE!What do you get when you combine the advanced modeling technology found in Line 6's POD HD series effects with their tried-and-true Vetta line of amplifiers? ONE MASSIVE TONE MACHINE. The Line 6 DT50 series takes modeling amplifiers to a place no one's ever gone before. On the one hand, they use intensely complex HD modeling algorithms with 10 times the resolution of typical modeling effects to totally nail the sound, feel, and overall response of the modeled amps. On the other hand, actually using a DT50 amplifier is so easy, it makes you want to laugh.
You start off by using the 4-way switch on the front panel to select one of the basic voicings: American clean, English chime, English crunch, and Modern high-gain. Look to any great guitar tone, and you'll find one of these amp styles at the heart of it. Here's what's really cool about the DT50 - as soon as you dial in the tone you want, it actually reconfigures itself via dynamic analog circuitry. Thanks to the genius of Reinhold Bogner, the dual 12AX7 preamp tubes and the pair of EL34 power tubes actually change operating class and power tube mode (pentode/triode) to ensure that the DT50 behaves exactly the way that it should. Top it off with a pair of Celestion 12" speakers, and everything about the DT50 just sounds right!
On top of that, you can cut the DT50's power amp section by throwing it into low-volume mode, so you can get the same killer tones both on stage and in the studio. Speaking of "in the studio," miking up amps can really suck. That's why Line 6 added a direct recording output. Just plug in a standard XLR, and you'll still get the same tone you expect, only without the hassle of setting up a mic or the headache of room noise. But an XLR out isn't half as cool as L6 LINK connectivity. With L6 LINK connectivity, you can hook up your POD HD and instantly reconfigure your DT50 amplifier to the perfect setting for each tone. What's more, you can create stereo or wet/dry settings and even daisy-chain amps with just a standard XLR cable, and your POD HD will do the rest. When you've got a Line 6 DT50 amplifier and a POD HD, you've got all the tone you can imagine... and more... and even more than that.
Line 6 DT50 212 Modeling Guitar Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- Advanced HD modeling technology
- Reinhold Bogner's most flexible tube design
- 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2 x EL34 power amp tubes
- Simple and straightforward 2-channel design
- Each channel has Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb, and Channel Volume controls
- Master volume control
- High and Low inputs
- Reconfigurable analog components (Class A/Class AB; Pentode/Triode)
- Complete, 1-touch analog reconfiguration (via Channel select switch)
- Low-power mode
- 1x12" Celestion custom G12H90 speaker; 1x12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker
- L6 LINK in/thru connection for POD HD integration
- Serial effect loop with level control
- Footswitch jack for channel switching
- XLR direct out with cabinet simulation and ground lift switch
- 4-, 8-, and 16-ohm speaker outs