Tone, Tone, and MORE TONE!What do you get when you combine the advanced modeling technology found in Line 6's POD HD series effects with their tried-and-true Vetta line of amplifiers? ONE MASSIVE TONE MACHINE. The Line 6 DT25 series takes modeling amplifiers to a place no one's ever gone before. On the one hand, they use intensely complex HD modeling algorithms with 10 times the resolution of typical modeling effects to totally nail the sound, feel, and overall response of the modeled amps. On the other hand, actually using a DT25 amplifier is so easy, it makes you want to laugh.
You start off by using the 4-way switch on the front panel to select one of the basic voicings: American clean, English chime, English crunch, and Modern high-gain. Look to any great guitar tone, and you'll find one of these amp styles at the heart of it. Here's what's really cool about the DT25 - as soon as you dial in the tone you want, it actually reconfigures itself via dynamic analog circuitry. Thanks to the genius of Reinhold Bogner, the 12AX7 preamp tube and the pair of EL84 power tubes actually change operating class and power tube mode (pentode/triode) to ensure that the DT25 behaves exactly the way that it should.
On top of that, you can cut the DT25's power amp section by throwing it into low-volume mode, so you can get the same killer tones both on stage and in the studio. Speaking of "in the studio," miking up amps can really suck. That's why Line 6 added a direct recording output. Just plug in a standard XLR, and you'll still get the same tone you expect, only without the hassle of setting up a mic or the headache of room noise. But an XLR out isn't half as cool as L6 LINK connectivity. With L6 LINK connectivity, you can hook up your POD HD and instantly reconfigure your DT25 amplifier to the perfect setting for each tone. What's more, you can create stereo or wet/dry settings and even daisy-chain amps with just a standard XLR cable, and your POD HD will do the rest. When you've got a Line 6 DT25 amplifier and a POD HD, you've got all the tone you can imagine... and more... and even more than that.
Line 6 DT25 Modeling Guitar Amplifier Head Features at a Glance:
- Advanced HD modeling technology
- Reinhold Bogner's most flexible tube design
- 1 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2 x EL84 power amp tubes
- Simple and straightforward 2-channel design
- Each channel has Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb, and Channel Volume controls
- Master volume control
- Reconfigurable analog components (Class A/Class AB; Pentode/Triode)
- Complete, 1-touch analog reconfiguration (via Channel select switch)
- Low-power mode
- L6 LINK in/thru connection for POD HD integration
- Serial effect loop with level control
- Footswitch jack for channel switching
- XLR direct out with cabinet simulation and ground lift switch
- 4-, 8-, and 16-ohm speaker outs