A Legend Reborn!Classic, unique, exciting, and totally collectable, Gibson's Moderne XI solidbody electric guitar has something special to offer any guitar player looking for something a little different to get those creative juices flowing. Modeled closely on the 1958 Gibson Moderne (the kissing cousin of the Explorer and Flying V that didn't make the cut), the revitalized Moderne XI features a number of cool little twists and tweaks that make it a truly remarkable instrument.
We've got to start somewhere, so why not the neck? After all, the neck is the part of the guitar you have the most contact with. In the case of the Moderne XI, you get the amazing feel of Gibson's Slim Fast neck profile. This performance-driven quartersawn mahogany neck is a unique beast. It starts at just .8" up at the nut and only gets as thick as .85" by the 12th fret. Just the same, it doesn't feel insubstantial the way many wafer-thin neck can, making comfortable no matter how large or small your hands are. What's more, the Moderne XI's neck comes with a gorgeous, smooth-feeling, and excellent-sounding granadillo (tropical American hardwood) fretboard on top, plus a vintage-accurate split-top headstock that just plain looks cool.
So, how does it sound? Well, to start off, Gibson made the Moderne XI out of choice mahogany, which has pretty much the same resonance and sustain of korina (as found on the original version), making it a natural choice for rock of any kind. Flashy Zamak hardware only helps in both departments too. And then there's the lynch pin to the Moderne XI's tone - a pair of '57 Classic humbuckers. These are the same humbuckers Gibson designed to recreate the sound of their vintage PAF pickups, full of warmth, life, and dynamic response. Roll back the volume to keep your sound clean, or push it for that mildly rude sound that high-gain amps love so much. No matter what, you'll have a blast playing your Gibson Moderne XI solidbody electric guitar.
Gibson Moderne XI Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- A rare, cool, and unusual electric guitar based on the 1958 Gibson model that was never released
- Unique space-aged body looks cool and is surprisingly comfortable
- Combination of a mahogany body, a quartersawn mahogany neck, and solid ZAMAK hardware provides manageable resonance and excellent sustain
- '57 Classic humbuckers give you the sound of Gibson's original PAF pickups
- Cool-looking and granadillo fretboard feels great and maintains a steady sound all across the neck
- Thin Fast neck carve provides the performance-driven action you need to tear out fast grooves and solos
- Split-top headstock captures the look of the original Moderne perfectly
- Hardshell case included