Record Like a Pro On the Go!TASCAM's incredible DR-40 lets you take true 4-track recording on the go! This impressively affordable 4-track recorder gives you all of the tools you need to capture audio anywhere in any environment. Want to record live music? Plug the main feed from the board right into the DR-40 and use the built-in microphones to capture the room. Want to record audio for video? Just plug your shotgun microphone into an input and enable phantom power. Dual mode recording, automatic level adjustment, and a built-in limiter all ensure that your recordings will come out sounding great. And the TASCAM DR-40 includes great practice and studio-style recording tools, such as a built-in tuner and reverb, making it an amazing songwriting tool too.
TASCAM DR-40 Handheld Digital 4-track Recorder at a Glance:
- Flexible I/O and recording options
- The tools you need to nail every recording
- Excellent onboard effects and processing
Flexible I/O and recording options
The TASCAM DR-40 makes on-the-go 4-track recording easy, thanks to its flexible I/O and recording options. FOr live recording, the DR-40 gives you everything you need. Just take the main feed off the board (plugged into the DR-40's XLR Combo jacks) and use the built-in microphones to capture the sound of the room. Onboard phantom power also lets you record with any condenser microphones. And since the DR-40 can record in formats ranging from MP3 to 24-bit/96kHz WAV, you can get exactly the recording quality you need.
The tools you need to nail every recording
Never miss another take! To make recording with the DR-40 as easy and fool-proof as possible, TASCAM gave this handheld recorder super-useful functions. First, there's the DR-40's peak reduction function, which automatically sets your levels to the optimal incoming volume. If the music gets loud or there's an unexpected peak, the DR-40's built-in limiter ensures that your recording will be safe, and a lowpass filter keeps low-end rumble from overwhelming your audio. Finally, there's the DR-40's dual recording mode, which captures a safety track at a lower level, so even if disaster strikes, you won't miss a moment of your audio.
Excellent onboard effects and processing
More than a handheld recorder, the TASCAM DR-40 is a true studio-to-go. Variable speed playback and overdub modes let you rock out to your own recordings and write whole songs inside the DR-40. Add EQ to your tracks and automatically align their levels, for polished-sounding playback, or add a touch of reverb for extra dimension. The DR-40 even has a built-in speaker, so you can audition your takes without plugging in headphones. And when it's time to upload your tracks to your computer, high-speed USB 2.0 makes file transfer quick and easy.
TASCAM DR-40 Handheld Digital 4-track Recorder Features:
- An amazing, goes-anywhere handheld 4-track portable recorder
- Built-in condenser microphones are adjustable to XY or AB positions
- 2 x XLR Combo jacks feature microphone and line input, plus phantom power for condenser microphones
- Record with both the onboard microphones and inputs for up to 4 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Dual recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries (without phantom power)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150% speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align function
- Stereo reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (2GB card included)
- Locking Neutrik Combi (XLR Combo) jacks
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, optional AC adapter, or USB bus power