Great Sound In Your Pocket
The DR-07mkII's laser-clear audio quality is a result of TASCAM's over 30 year of recording experience. There's tight engineering under the hood of this micro-sized wonder. Separation is a key principle, especially in small packages. Here, TASCAM has smartly used a separate power supply for the coder-decoder, allowing full efficiency from the AD/DA converters. Noise is reduced through the use of separate analog & digital circuit boards and low impedance circuit design. A mountain of tightly packed technology, and it all adds up to better sound.
The DR-07mkII records at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution in WAV (BWF) or MP3 file format, and you can use microSD or microSDHC cards. The DR-07mkII is powered by two AA batteries, and up to 17.5 hours of battery life will keep you recording through marathon sessions. Plug your own mic into the 1/8" mic/line input - the DR-07mkII will supply plug-in power for mics that require it. How cool is that? A USB port lets you transfer files to your computer and pinch-hits as a power source. Level Align schools playback volume jaggies through the 1/8" headphone output or built-in speaker.
The DR-07mkII is a dead-simple to use, but it sports some hip recording features. Say you're transcribing or learning new music - you can take advantage of the DR-07mkII's looping function and Variable-Speed Audition, which changes playback speed without affecting pitch. Peak Reduction sets optimum record level, and Quick Menu lets you speedily dial up your frequently used parameters (such as Auto Level and Limiting) in playback or record. Want to dig deeper? A full-featured setup menu gives you access to the whole ball of wax.
But wait - there's more... Overdub mode records over your previous take but get this - it keeps a copy of the original! Auto Record and Auto Mark let you work hands-off, and last but not least, a lush reverb effect is available to give your recordings that pro luster.
What an awesome little device! Great-sounding stereo recordings have never been this easy, this affordable - or this portable. Grab a TASCAM's DR-07mkII, and go record something cool-sounding.
TASCAM DR-07mkII Stereo Handheld Portable Recorder Features at a Glance:
- Adjustable stereo condenser microphones (XY or AB)
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Reverb effect
- Overdub recording mode
- Auto Record and Auto Mark functions
- Peak Reduction function (optimized for music recording) automatically sets gain while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- MicroSD (64MB-2GB)/microSDHC (4GB-32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole