If This Handheld Recorder Got Any Smaller...
Speaking of pro-level work, check this out: the DR-05's got a Level Align feature, which keeps your stereo recordings from getting all lopsided... you know, like the way you hear after you've spent an evening at the local rock club, with your head in front of one of the stacks. On that note, you may not be able to handle high SPLs long, but the DR-05 can - 125dB is no match for these mics! Wanna just record yourself strumming your axe and yodeling incoherently? No problem. Set the DR-05 on a camera tripod (there's a mount in the back for that) and set the self timer. You get 5 or 10 seconds to assume the position and start rocking before the DR-05 starts recording. Cool huh? Buy a TASCAM DR-05 from GearNuts.com today, get it, and gloat to all your friends. You know you want to!
TASCAM DR-05 Handheld Portable Recorder Features at a Glance:
- Built-in stereo omnidirectional condenser microphones
- Sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording
- Automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 seconds
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels
- Playback EQ setting
- Divide and delete editing functions
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Built-in speaker
- microSD (64MB-2GB)/microSDHC (4GB-32GB) card slot
- 2GB microSD card included
- 2 AA batteries (included), AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus (USB cable included)
- Tripod socket hole for easy stand mounting
- Dimensions: 2-3/8" x 5-9/16" x 1"
- Weight: 4-1/16 oz.