Your Neumann Digital Mic Just Got Even BETTER!The DMI-8 is the ideal solution for anyone with multiple AES 24-2001 formatted digital microphones such at Neumann's Solution-Ds. The DMI-8 offers up eight channels of the world-class digital conversion introduced with the DMI-2 and includes all of the DMI-2's features while adding a whole new set of intense functions and out options. Take full advantage of all of the capabilities of your AES 24-2001 digital format microphones giving you the ability to power and control the polar patterns of your microphones remotely while encoding embedded data within their signals — all from one centrally located DMI-8!
The DMI-8 also offers the freedom from sample rate converter by digitally locking the each of its channels together internally via AES42, Mode 2. Mode 2 is a frequency/phase comparison between both the recorded word clock and the word clock embedded in the microphones signal, which keeps each of the microphones aligned with one another. But when it comes to external synchronization, the DMI-8 has all of the right options. AES 11 synchronization and word clock are evadable, and you can also set the DMI-8's exceptional timing engine as the clock as the maser.
The DMI-8 rig is ready to work with any complete rig. It's rocking clock easily supports every major sample rate from 44.1 kHz - 192,kHz, making it compatible across a wide spectrum of toys. Set up is quick and simple. A dedicated level meter and gain control on the DMI-8's front panel make computerless operation possible — although programming your microphones from your computer is brain-dead really simple and lets you store and recall all parameters instantly. You also get plenty of output options, including ADAT optical and both Yamaha and TASCAM d-sub 25-pin formats. Its open architecture allows for the possibility of connection to multi-channel networks like EtherSound and MADI, plus the built-in capability to cascade up to 128 channels keep the DMI-8 ready for future developments.
Neumann DMI-8 8-channel AES 24-2001 - AES/EBU Conversion Unit Features:
- Open architecture for later connection to other multi-channel interfaces.
- Complete control and storage of the settings via Mac or PC
- Optical ADAT interface
- AES 42 to EBU conversion
- Level meter and gain setting on the front panel, operable even without a computer
- Compatible with any microphones that comply with the jointly established AES 42 standard.
- Automatic word clock or AES 11 synchronization
- All sample rates, from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Powering, remote control and synchronization of microphones without a sample rate converter
- D-sub 25 outputs with TASCAM and Yamahaź pin assignments
- The capability of cascading up to 128 channels