It Might Be Time to Grow Some Extra Arms!Seriously, it might look like the center section of the control console on a Klingon ship, but the Pioneer Pro DJ DJM-2000 4-channel digital DJ mixer's means serious business. This bad boy's got everything AND the kitchen sink. Killer sound quality - check! Effects - check! more effects - check! GINORMOUS multi-touch control screen for pulling off hot new DJ tricks - OH YEAH!!! That's right, the DJM-2000's got a little bit of all the good stuff Pioneer Pro DJ's put in their hottest gear: the unbelievable sound quality and rock-solid isolation frequency controls of their DJM-1000 mixer, the best of the best killer effects in their EFX-1000 multi-effects until, the one-touch instant color effects of their DJM-800 mixer, and a massive multi-touch screen like the one on their flagship SVM-1000 A/V mixer. If you're not DJing with a Pioneer Pro DJ DJM-2000 mixer, then you're falling behind!
First off, you've got to check out this multi-touch screen - the DJ world's simply never seen anything like this! We're talking about 5.8" of touchscreen madness, with effects like 7-band Frequency Mix crossfading, crazy gates, and X/Y style sound manipulation. Plus, you get totally hands-on access to all kinds of other useful functions, which lets you flow faster and smoother than ever before. Speaking of effects, this baby's loaded! The DJM-2000's got all the best effects from the EFX-1000, plus some extra goodies of its own, such as multi-tap delay, gate, slip roll, and more - everything you need to keep it interesting.
Sometimes, though, you just want to push a button, twist a knob, and get results. That's where the DJM-2000's six Instant Instrument Effects come in. Just like the Color Effects on the DJM-800, you just hit the button and grab the dedicated knob on whatever channel you want and you're set. Filters, bit crushing, a noise generator, and more let you instantly build up seriously sick transitions on the fly! Another cool way to instantly spice things up is with the DJM-2000's Side-Chain Remix. Side-Chain Remix uses takes a copy of one of your tracks and splits it into three frequency bands, using the peak volumes of each band to trigger sounds. What you end up with is a totally original rhythm based on the music you're spinning.
That's not all. The Pioneer Pro DJ DJM-2000 mixer gives you other excellent tools as well, like the integrated 8-second sampler. This sampler's always running in the background, so you can never forget to fire it up. When you hear something you like, say some lyrics, a good beat, or something you feel like shouting into the mic, you just grab it from the sampler's buffer and it's yours to play with. Loop it, toss on effects, scratch it - anything you can do to another track you can do to your new sample.
Do you use CDJ-2000s or CDJ-900s? Of course you do! Well check this out - the DJM-2000's integrates perfectly with up to four (yeah, that's right FOUR) CDJ decks, letting you take full control of their functions. FOUR DECKS?! How do you keep them straight, right? Simple - there's this new function called Now on Play, which makes your CDJ's platter light up red as soon as you touch the fader of the channel it's on and send it spinning. That's an excellent way to keep an eye on which deck's active and which ones aren't, so you don't accidentally stop the wrong deck... oops.
Speaking of integration, if you use a laptop (and seriously, who doesn't these days), you get total control over rekordbox. Just one USB cable to your laptop, LINK cables to your CDJs, and audio out to the PA... that's all you need! The rest is magic. Are you ready for this??? Grab it, love it, tear up the dance floor - the Pioneer Pro DJ DJM-2000 Mixer's your ticket to making it happen!
Pioneer Pro DJ DJM-2000 Professional Digital DJ Mixer/Interface Features at a Glance:
- 4-channel (plus microphone input) professional digital DJ mixer
- Combines popular features of 4 of Pioneer Pro DJ's top products, the EFX-1000, the DJM-1000, the DJM-800, and the SVM-1000
- Revolutionary 5.8" full-color multi-touch display allows you to pull off killer effects and access settings instantly
- Pro-quality USB audio interface
- Pro DJ link that connects up to 4 CDJ-2000 or CDJ-900 turntables-style deck
- EVOLVED BEAT EFFECTS let you manipulate frequencies and alter sounds
- Instant Instrument Effect (INST FX) lets you add effects intuitively with a turn of the knob
- Assign various DJM-2000 buttons to trigger other devices via MIDI
- Frequency Mix uses the multi-touch screen as 7 frequency-dependent crossfaders
- Side-Chain Remix uses the peak volumes of 3 frequency bands to trigger sounds
- Now on Play feature lights platter of the CDJ-2000 you're using red as soon as you touch the fader on its corresponding channel
- 8-second sampler constantly buffering from the master output or mic input and operates like any other track for scratching and effects
- 6 x RCA inputs for CD/line-level
- 2 x RCA inputs for phono-level
- 4 x RCA (coaxial) S/PDIF inputs
- 1 x XLR and 1/4" microphone input
- 2 x XLR and RCA master output
- 2 x 1/4" booth output
- 1 x 1/4" headphone output
- 2 x RCA recording output
- 1 x RCA (coaxial) S/PDIF output
- 2 x 1/4" send outputs
- 2 x 1/4" return inputs
- 1 x MIDI OUT
- 2 x 1/8" control jacks
- 1 x USB-B connection port
- 6 x RJ45 LINK terminals
- 24-bit/96kHz A-to-D conversion
- 32-bit/96kHz D-to-A conversion
- 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Power: 120V, 42W AC
- Dimensions: 16.9" x 16.1" x 4.3"
- Weight: 18.7 lbs.