Hear Your Mixes with Clarity!When you're shipping your sound from "in the box" to your set of studio monitors, an important thing happens... a conversion from digital sound (in your computer) to analog sound (to your monitors). You could be a bozo and not care about what's doing that conversion... that critical, critical conversion that happens BEFORE you hear ANYTHING and AFFECTS ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU DO/TWEAK/ADJUST/ETC. Or, you could put some thought into what piece of gear you're trusting to make the transition from digital to analog for you. You can bet which side of the fence we're on, and you can ABSOLUTELY bet that Benchmark is with us. That's why they made the DAC1 - because they get how important it is to have a quality converter at that step in the signal chain.
The DAC1's sole job is to convert from D/A with the utmost sound quality, keeping everything in place so you hear things flawlessly. It operates at up to 192khz, has won awards for its pristine performance, and it's available at a really reasonable price for the performance you're getting. Don't be a bozo.
Benchmark DAC1 Features at a Glance:
- 2-channel, 24-bit, 96kHz D/A conversion
- 192kHz playback with 48kHz analog bandwidth
- THD+N = -106dB (0.0005%) measured at -0 dBFS, any sample rate, any test frequency, with any degree of input jitter!
- 116dB signal-to-noise ratio @48kHz, A weighted
- AES/EBU (XLR & Coax) and S/PDIF (XLR, Coax, & Toslink) inputs
- Digital input source-selection switch
- Balanced, lo-Z XLR outputs
- +29 dBu output level capability
- Unbalanced RCA outputs
- Variable or preset output level controls, switch selectable
- Direct connection to powered monitors
- Built-in Benchmark HPA-2, a high-output, ultra-clean headphone amplifier with dual outputs jacks
- Total jitter immunity via UltraLock technology!
- Phase Accurate D/A conversion across any number of channels
- 1 power, 2 error indicating LEDs
- Internal low-radiation toroidal power supply
- International 115-230 input voltage range
- Automatic De-emphasis for 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz when Pre-emphasis bit is set
- Milled aluminum front panel
- 1/2 wide, 1RU chassis
- Equipped with non-removable rack ears; call for models without rack ears