Go Ahead and Try to Overload This Mic!It's "All About the One," right? Make sure your downbeat comes through loud and clear with the AKG D 112 handling kick drum miking responsibilities. Tailored to sonically respond to the "boom" and the "click," the D 112 gives you everything you need in a kick drum sound. But kick isn't the only thing the D 112 does well, as it easily wrangles bass guitar, low-frequency brass instruments, and even vocals. And since it can handle unusually high SPLs (even for a rugged dynamic mic), you can place it just about anywhere with no fear of overloading the D112! You don't get to attain the level of being considered an "industry standard" without earning it by showing off some considerable chops. Clearly the D 112 has done just that, as it's a frequent member of countless engineer's "favorites" list.
AKG D 112 Dynamic Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Large-diaphragm dynamic microphone
- Finest reasonably priced bass drum mic available
- Ideal cardioid mic for kick drum, bass guitar cabinets, low-pitched brass and other low frequency sources
- Bass response is clean and powerful due to large-diaphragm technology
- Max. SPL 160dB (or more)!
- Frequency response 20Hz-17kHz
- Solid bass response below 100Hz
- Finish dark gray metallic enamel