Primo JBL Sound!The JBL Control 29AV offers up an excellent mid-sized loudspeaker solution - perfect for when you need a decent-sized full range speaker, but something that's not quite as large as many installed-speaker solutions. The 2-way Control 29AV is designed for indoor/outdoor use and features an 8" woofer with a weather-resistant kevlar cone and a 1-inch compression driver. A rotatable treble horn lets you use the Control 29AV in both horizontal and vertical positions. InvisiBall mounting hardware is included with each JBL Control 29AV.
JBL Control 29AV Indoor/Outdoor Loudspeaker at a Glance:
- Coated for indoor/outdoor use
- SonicGuard overload protection plus magnetic shielding
- Full-range speaker that's ideal for mid-sized environments
Full-range speaker that's ideal for mid-sized environments
Coupled with its low-distortion, rotatable horn, the JBL Control 29AV offers up an impressively smooth, flat frequency response, for exceptional sonic character throughout its listening area. It's larger than other JBL installed-sound solutions, but small enough to match the needs of mid-sized environments.
Coated for indoor/outdoor use
JBL designed the Control 29AV speaker for indoor or outdoor use. The cone comprises kevlar, and its surround is pure butyl rubber. What's more, the driver is rear-loaded onto the baffle, which helps minimize direct basket exposure to the elements. The compression driver's diaphragm is pure titanium and the grille is coated in polyethylene with a foam backing, to minimize water incursion. There are outdoor-rated nickel/zinc in terminals and an MTC-PC2 sealed-entrance cover to further protect its terminals.
SonicGuard overload protection plus magnetic shielding
The JBL Control 29AV sports JBL Pro's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection. This protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, yet ensures reliability. The Control 29AV also features magnetic shielding, so you can use the speaker without worries near video monitors and other such devices.
JBL Control 29AV Indoor/Outdoor Loudspeaker Features:
- Extended bandwidth, extremely smooth frequency response.
- 110-degree x 85-degree HF coverage, rotatable horn.
- 110-watt transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8 ohm thru.
- SonicGuard overload protection.
- 200 mm (8") Kevlar cone woofer, 25 mm (1") titanium diaphragm compression driver.
- Includes InvisiBall mounting hardware, plus ten 6 mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket.
- Sealed in panel cover and screw-down input terminals.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 40Hz to 19kHz
- Frequency Response (± 3 dB): 45Hz to 18kHz
- 100 Hr Power Capacity: 300 Watts Continuous Program Power
- 150 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
- Max SPL @ 1m: Short-Term: 120 dB; Long-Term: 114 dB
- Nominal Sensitivity: 91 dB, 1W @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 110-degree H x 85-degree V, rotatable
- Directivity Factor (Q): 7.2, averaged 500Hz to 16kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 8.6dB, averaged 500Hz to 16kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 6.3 ohms @ 230Hz
- Crossover Type: 3rd order High Pass, 2nd order Low Pass with impedance compensation, 2.5 kHz crossover frequency
- Transformer Taps: 70V: 110W, 55W, 28W & 14W; 100V: 110W, 55W, & 28W, Thru Position: 8 ohm nominal