Realistic Piano!In 1976,Yamaha released the first CP series stage pianos. These "electric grands" became instant classics with their authentic sound and live performance convenience. Thirty years later, Yamaha celebrates those milestone keyboards by unveiling the newest and greatest in the CP series, the CP33 stage piano. Drawing on Yamaha's rich tradition and experience, these instruments give the live performer all the sound and expressiveness of a superbly miked grand piano with the portability and versatility of a modern digital instrument. Introducing the new standard in stage pianos - the CP33.
Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano at a Glance:
- Cutting-edge Graded Hammer Effect keyboard with authentic resistance
- Premium-quality stereo samples including string resonance and key-off
- Authentic sound and playability for an inspiring experience
- Panel Lock feature ensures your settings don't get changed
- Realistic pedal control including "half-damper" effects
- Control your other gear from the CP33
- Special Mono Piano sound ideal for live performance with a band
Authentic sound and playability for an inspiring experience
Like all fine instruments, the CP33 stage keyboard simply begs to be played. Sit down with one, and the instrument becomes an extension of your hands and your musical imagination. The authentic piano voices and rich expressiveness come alive at your touch, and the sound is big enough to blast through a full band onstage - yet nuanced enough to work magic in an intimate club.
Graded-Hammer Effect keyboard
Yamaha's lots of experience in crafting fine acoustic pianos helps them make the ultimate digital pianos. The cutting-edge Graded Hammer Effect (GHE) action sports all keys an authentic resistance that increases from the top register to the lower - just as on an actual acoustic piano. Which means that you can naturally pound out thunderous low notes with your left hand and let the fingers on your right dance and fly with the high notes.
Premium-quality stereo samples including string resonance and key-off
In crafting the authentic sound of the CP33, Yamaha used meticulously recorded stereo samples of top-quality instruments, taken at various playing strengths, and included subtle elements such as String Resonance, Stereo Sustain, and even Key-Off Samples that capture the felt dampers muting the piano strings - providing the most authentic sounding and finely nuanced acoustic piano voices possible.
Control your other gear from the CP33
The CP stage pianos are also master keyboard controllers that give you full command of your gear. Play and control external tone generators (such as the MOTIF-RACK ES). Assign different voices to different keyboard sections and make multi-textured layers of sound. Four instrument Zones on the CP33 (two on the CP33), with panel sliders, let you easily adjust the level of each instrument as you play. You can also freely reassign the sliders and wheels to control other sonic characteristics of your gear, such as sound attack, decay, brightness and filter cutoff.
Special Mono Piano sound ideal for live performance
Step out front and make your presence known. The CP series has a special Mono Piano sound, complete with a compression effect, designed specifically for live performance. It boasts the punch and power to stand out, even in full band situations.
Panel Lock feature ensures your settings don't get changed
Onstage, you need to make sure everything goes smoothly. Sometimes an errant hand (yours or someone else's) can touch the panel controls and change your special settings, giving you a rude surprise in the middle of your performance. The Panel Lock button lets you prevent that, keeping all settings fixed and secure, until you're ready to change them yourself.
Realistic pedal control including "half-damper" effects
The CP series keyboards give you the same pedal control as an actual grand piano. The CP33 has a Sustain and an Aux jack (for Soft, Sostenuto, or even Expression). On certain piano sounds, Sustain can be partially applied - reproducing the "half-damper" effect of a little muting the resonating strings on a genuine piano.
Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano Features:
- 88-key Graded Hammer keyboard with authentic touch
- State-of-the-art AWM tone generation system
- Max polyphony of 64 notes
- Small, light and portable - really simple to carry and really simple to set up
28 original Voices
- Reverb and other effects Comprehensive MIDI functions
- Master mode, for independent control of up to two external tone generators
- Real-time controllers - including sliders and Pitch Bend/Modulation wheels for max expression
- USB terminal - connect to a computer for recording, editing/arranging, and converting songs to notation