Play Vintage-style Keyboards!The Yamaha CP1 is an amazing digital stage piano that sounds and feels like no other. This premium instrument has a retro look and a minimalist control section, but under its surface lies some incredible technology. A one-of-a-kind new Spectral Component Modeling (SCM) tone generation rig accurately lets the CP1 make the sound of acoustic and classic electronic pianos. In addition, Yamaha developed a new NW-STAGE wooden key action to meet the demands of top professionals. This combination of touch and tone make the CP1 one of the most expressive stage pianos.
The CP1's Spectral Component Modeling tone generation technology meticulously recreates the sounds of 17 of Yamaha's acoustic and classic electronic pianos, including the CFIIIS, S6B, the CP80, Rd1, Rd II, Wr and the DX7. We had an opportunity to hear the mythical Ellis Hall play this fabulous piano, and its faithful reproduction some of these classic pianos simply blew us away!
The CP1's Spectrum Component Modeling rig achieves its ultra-realistic tone generation by replicating the instrument's physical parts such as the hardness of the hammers and the resonance of its sound board. Using granular data, it translates every nuance of the player's touch into an expressive tone. The CP1 models also uses Virtual Circuit Modeling to replicate the effect units, amps, compressors, EQ and other toys that were so essential in creating many of those mythical classic sounds.
Yamaha CP1 Digital Stage Piano Features:
- 17 selected acoustic and classic electric piano sounds
- Customize function to make your own original piano sound
- NW-STAGE wooden weighted keyboard
- VCM emulations of historical pedals including phasers, flangers, wahs and choruses
- SCM (Spectral Component Modeling) tone generation system
- Three pedal unit (Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft) included
- Bundled with Steinberg Cubase AI DAW software
- Useful Master Keyboard function