HUGE Bang-for-the-Buck!Are you ready to monitor like the big boys? Then step up to Focal monitors! Favored by engineers for their unbending truthfulness, Focal is what you want when you need to hear every last detail. The Focal CMS 65 brings staggering fidelity to a price point that's perfect for serious home studio recordists, yet the supreme quality makes the CMS 65right at home in pro facilities too.
So what makes these monitors so great? It all starts with Focal's aluminum/magnesium tweeter alloy and exclusive Polyglass woofer technology. Pair that with the 6.5" Polyglass cone and you've got an impressive combination capable of faithfully reproducing sounds all across the frequency spectrum. A Class A/B power amp delivers an ample 100 watts to the woofer and 60 watts to the tweeter, giving you a well-balanced sound that tells the truth. And the truth is what you need to hear if your mixes are going to translate on any and all systems. Just to make sure the CMS 65 monitors are accurate Focal uses a rubber decoupling platform to prevent unwanted (and deceitful) low-frequency buildup that can distort what you're hearing. When you're ready for serious monitoring, you're ready for Focal.
Focal CMS 65 6.5" Nearfield Reference Monitor Features:
- 6.5" reference monitor brings leading Focal technologies into a smaller-format design
- Inverted-dome tweeter design offers high efficiency, precision, and energy
- Aluminum/magnesium alloy tweeter delivers dynamic and detailed treble frequencies
- Rigid, Focal-exclusive Polyglass cone technology offers outstanding linearity and definition
Focal CMS 65 6.5" Nearfield Reference Monitor Specifications:
- Woofer: 6.5" Focal drive unit, Polyglass cone
- Tweeter: Aluminum/Magnesium inverted-dome Focal tweeter
- Shielding: Integral by compensation magnet and shielding pot
- Construction: Reinforced and damped die-cast aluminum cabinet
- Finish: Black powder coating
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 45Hz-28kHz
- Maximum SPL: 108dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input: Balanced 20 kOhms/Unbalanced 47 kOhms
- Connectors: XLR/RCA
- HF amplifier stage: 60W RMS, Class AB
- LF amplifier stage: 100W RMS, Class AB
- Adjustable sensitivity: +4dBu / 0 / -10dBV
- Adjustable volume: -66dB / 0dB
- Adjustable highpass filter: full / 45 / 60 / 90Hz (12dB/oct.)
- Adjustable LF Shelving: 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- Adjustable HF Shelving: 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- Desktop notch (160Hz): adjustable, 0 / -2 / -4 / -6dB
- Power on/off switch
- Standby on/off switch
- Indicators: Power on/off, Standby on, Audio Clip
- Dimensions with spikes: 14.1" x 9.5" x 9.1" - (358.5 x 241 x 231mm)
- Dimensions with table stand: 14.5" x 9.5" x 9.1"
- Weight: 23.1 lbs.