Use This Mic On Everything and Love the Results!Samson knows that capacitor-based elements are warmer, brighter and bigger sounding than electret-based elements, which is why they are able to faithfully reproduce a wide range of sound sources with amazing clarity and detail. That's why they produced the CL8 Multi-Pattern Studio Condenser Microphone.
Samson CL8 Multi-Pattern Studio Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- True capacitor design with dual 1.1" diaphragm capsules for multi-pattern versatility
- Selectable high pass filter and pad to handle any source signal
- Wide phantom power operating range goes with microphone to almost any phantom power source
- Tough construction works in the studio or on the stage
A true capacitor microphone for almost any application!
The CL8 has a true capacitor condenser microphone element design with dual 1.1-inch, ultra thin gold spluttered diaphragm capsules. The capacitor design sports this microphone a brighter, "big" sound that compliments virtually any input sound. And the dual diaphragms give the CL8 the ability of multi pattern operation. Go with from selectable Super Cardioid, Omni and Figure-8 pickup patterns to record solo vocals or instruments, background vocals, or overhead choir or drum signals.
High pass filter and pad increase versatility
You don't need to worry about rumble or overload with the CL8. A selectable high pass filter rolls off 12dB per octave at 100Hz, eliminating room noise, AC hum and air conditioning "whoosh." And a 10dB pad handles signals with high SPLs, so you can use the CL8 on guitar, bass and keyboard amps - and even tubas! You'll appreciate the genuine versatility of the CL8.
"Forgiving" phantom power for every mixer
A little secret about many low-cost mixing mixers is the instability of their phantom power outputs. The CL8 takes that in stride! With 36-52 Volt phantom power operation, it will hit the stage on just about any board or preamplifier you connect to it.
A rugged workhorse for studio or stage
The CL8's internal shock mount protects the electronics from rough handling, and its solid die cast housing construction makes it a solid performer. Use it in the studio or take it on the road - the CL8 will hold up! Plus, with its included swivel stand mount and carry case, the CL8 offers a complete microphone package. The SP01 spider shock mount is also available to give the CL8 added isolation.
Samson CL8 Multi-Pattern Studio Condenser Microphone Features:
- True capacitor large diaphragm multi-pattern studio or stage condenser
- Selectable super cardioid, omni and figure-8 pickup patterns
- Dual 1.1" capsules with 3-micron gold sputtered diaphragms
- Selectable high pass filter, 12dB per octave at 100Hz
- Selectable 10 dB pad for handling signals with high SPLs
- 36-52 Volt phantom power operation
- Internal shock mount
- Solid die cast construction
- Swivel stand mount and carry case included