Perfectly Matched Pair of These Legendary Mics!!If you don't recognize these mic, let us introduce you. C414 XLS/ST, this is a future recording legend. Future recording legend, this is one of the most popular microphones on the entire ever-lovin' surface of the planet. Seriously, for over six decades, the AKG C414 (in one iteration or another) has been capturing voices and performances in the the leading studios and broadcast stations anywhere. Why? Because this multi-pattern workhorse mic sounds amazing on just about anything. No, really, we're sure you've heard that a lot, but in this case it's actually true. In fact, there are few microphones as widely used/loved/accepted as an industry standard as the C414 XLS. That's why you'll find a pair in just about every major studio. And now, with the C414 XLS/ST... you can add your studio to the list!
Yes, this is an absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair - selected from thousands of individual microphones through a rigorous computer-aided matching process. And the beauty is in the details! You're going to love using these for just about EVERYTHING. So let's dive in and tell you about the mic itself... of which you get TWO here with the C414 XLS/ST (included shockmounts, a stereo bar, and an awesome-looking case).
Carrying on the branch of the C414 legacy most recently developed C414s, the C414 XLS is particularly well geared toward vocals. In fact, its presence boost and spatial reproduction capability are similar to the epic AKG C 12's. If you really want to make vocals or instruments pop, then this is absolutely the microphone for you. Its low noise floor and impressive 152dB dynamic range also make the C414 XLS great for distance miking. Plus, it can adapt to any situation thanks to its nine pickup patterns (omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and intermediate steps in between each). Other super-cool features about the C414 XLS are its locking mode (which keeps you from accidentally changing a setting during a session) and an LED clipping light so you know if you overloaded it.
AKG C414 XLS/ST Matched Pair of Multi-pattern Condenser Microphones Features at a Glance:
- Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and four intermediate pickup patterns
- Lock Mode disables all controls easily for live and installation use
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152dB
- Three different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Paired using AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Includes carrying case, two windscreens, a stereo bar, and two spider-type shock mounts
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34dBV) ± 0.5dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158dB (0/-6/-12/-18dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6dB-A (0dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0dB, -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12dB/octave at 40Hz and 80Hz; 6dB/octave at 160Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
- Net weight: 10.6oz.
- Requires +48V phantom power to DIN/IEC