Classic C12 Sound!
AKG C 12 VR Tube Microphone at a Glance:
- Filters, pads and sensitivity adjustments let you tailor the microphone to your needs
- Combination of diaphragm and tube deliver remarkable sound
- Recreation of a mythical tube microphone with better performance
The C 12 legend, now better!
AKG's C 12 VR is similar to the original C 12, from the capsule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube. The only difference is that its self noise and distortion specs were optimized to meet the current state of the art. The C 12 VR version is even more rugged, less susceptible to hum interference, and offers exceptionally low self noise. You'll be impressed by its remarkable performance!
A sound beyond words!
The return of the 1-inch dual-diaphragm capsule and the original 6072A vacuum tube give the C 12 VR the same sound characteristics of richness, clarity, and presence that had made the C 12 world famous. Forget your EQ - the C 12 VR offers a perfect sound with no external processing. From omni to cardioid to figure-eight, no less than nine polar patterns are selectable on the remote control.
Rolloff, pad and sensitivity, all adjustable
With two remotely controllable bass rolloff filters, selectable preattenuation pad, and selectable 10 dB increase in nominal sensitivity, the C 12 VR will meet the most diverse challenges. The out transformer uses a special winding to minimize bass distortion, and internal shock mounts effectively reduce handling noise.
AKG C 12 VR Tube Microphone Features:
- Classic 1-inch condenser tube performance of the original AKG C 12
- Dual diaphragm, 1" diameter gold sputtered mylar foil
- Multiple patterns remotely controlled with silent switching
- Polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8, with 6 intermediate patterns (silent switching)
- Uses the original 6072 vacuum tube
- Uses the original 1950's dual diaphragm design for sound that has the same richness, clarity and presence of the original
- Internal microphone switching for pre-attenuation of -10, -20 dB and boost of +10 dB to accommodate all studio requirements.
- External (in control unit) two-position bass cut/roll-off
- Frequency response 30 Hz - 20 kHz (±2.5 dB from published curves)
- Impedance: 200 ohms (±25%) Recommended load impedance: 1000 ohms or greater
- Output connector (from control unit): XLR (pin 2 positive)
- Output connector (from microphone): Tuchel 12-pin
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa for all patterns; -40 dB (dB re 1 V/Pa)
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 22 dB (DIN 45412)
- Sound pressure level for 3% THD: 128 dB (equivalent to 50 Pa)
- Pre-attenuation: -10 and -20 dB (at microphone)
- Sensitivity increase: 10 dB (at microphone)
- Low frequency roll-off/bass cut: two-position (at control unit)
- Power requirement: 115/230 Vac Microphone
- Aluminum flight case, N 12 VR remote power supply, H 15/T elastic suspension, MK 12V R 30-foot connecting cable and W 42 foam windscreen included