Amazing Virtual Synth!One of the best recommendations we can offer for any music making gear is that it's designed by people who actually use it to make music. Such is the case with hit-making sound designer Rob Papen, who brought you the enormously successful Albino. Now, he teams up with music software developer Jon Ayres to bring you his newest cross-fusion virtual synthesizer, BLUE!
Blue delivers FM Synthesis, Phase Distortion Synthesis, Wave Shaping Synthesis and Subtractive Synthesis in one creative combination! Blue has six oscillators which can be connected in various ways, two analog-style modeled stereo filters, an enormous range of processing and modulation options, sequencer and an incredibly intense arpeggiator, all brought together with the inspirational Rob Papen presets covering lots of musical styles. Blue features a one-of-a-kind and rocking arpeggiator, five new FX's, five HipHop/RnB banks, three DnB Session banks (with Sola of Giana-Brotherz) and many more presets. Thanks to its user interface and innovative 'easy edit' page, BLUE is easy-to-use and yields amazing results. This is gonna be a favorite of synth-meisters.
Rob Papen Blue At a Glance:
- Massive Modulation
- "Easy" Page for Quick Adjustments of Common Parameters
- Amazing Oscillating Capabilities
Amazing Oscillating Capabilities
Blue offers up six Oscillator modules which include Analogue, Additive and Spectral type waveforms. Oscillators A and B offer PWM modulation and symmetry control. Oscillators can be combined in several ways using 32 different modulation routings in the Algorithm screen. Oscillators can have FM modulation or Ring modulation and can be oscillator hard synced. Each oscillator can be out to the filters, the effects or output as dry. There is practically no end to the amount of Oscillating options in Blue.
In Blue, each Oscillator can be sent through a separate filtering path, including nine envelopes, multimode filters, LFOs, and step sequencers. From beginners to cutting-edge synth users, Blue offers anything from basic synth sounds, to cutting-edge sound sculpting for nearly endless options. The internal routing matrix includes two effects blocks that can run either parallel or series to further expand the sonic possibilities. Blue also includes three modulation step sequencers and MIDI-syncable LFO for simple sound editing. All in all, Blue knows no bounds when it comes to creating sounds.
"Easy" Page for Quick Adjustments of Common Parameters
Blue offers an "Easy" page, allowing for quick and simple modifications to the current sound without disrupting the creative process. After all, there's nothing worse than losing your creative steam mid-project while you page through lists of options. Blue also allows for all settings including global settings can be stored inside individual presets. Furthermore, factory presets are clearly organized in categories by Rob Papen and DnB session banks with Giana-Brotherz. The "Easy" page in Blue also rocks quick access to tempo changes.
Rob Papen's Blue Virtual Synthesizer Features:
- VST2.0 and AU plug-in synthesizer for PC and Mac (IntelMac compatible)
- Six Oscillators modules which include Analogue, Additive and Spectral type waveforms.
- Two analogue modeled stereo Multimode filters
- Nine Envelopes, AHDSFR type.
- Four Multi-Envelopes
- Ten LFOs with various waveforms and are midi-syncable.
- Three modulation Step-sequencers
- Modulation Matrix with 2 pages of 10 slots. 12 synth sources & 23 midi sources and 91 synth destinations.
- 32 step mono sequencer
- 32 step arpeggiator
- Poly/Mono/Legato/Seq synthesizer play modes
- Fully tweakable Precision setting per oscillator to simulate the instability of classic analogue synthesizers.
- 16-voice polyphony. Voice amount control.
- Simple Edit page for fast new sound results or for simple access tempo changes.
- External controller hardware (fader-box or synth) settings can be saved and restored.
- Two effects-blocks with serial and parallel mode
- Nine stereo effects available
- Equalizer for total overall sound.
- Sound banks of 32 presets inside build in browser
- All settings included the global settings are stored inside each individual preset.
- Presets in clear categories by Rob Papen and DnB session banks with Giana-Brotherz