Talk About an Icon... This Baby Belongs in Your Rig!
See? The deal is this. Jitter can take away the clarity from your recordings. And your digital gear is... plain, simple... going to have jitter issues. Unless, of course, you have a proper master clock dishing it out and keeping everything in sync. The Apogee Big Ben is arguably the most stable master clock on the entire planet, no doubt. Your imaging? Awesome. Studio rig, live sound rig... doesn't matter. The Apogee Big Ben is a real difference-maker. Just Google it, check out the reviews... or get your ear on it. This is it.
Apogee Big Ben Master Clock Features at a Glance:
- AES, S/PDIF, Optical I/O - Word Clock/Video In - 6 Word Clock Outs
- Optional Firewire connection to facilitate clocking and format conversion with other Firewire devices
- Real-time format conversion between all digital formats
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) using Apogee's C777 Clock Technology up to 192kHz
- Adaptive Loop Filtering (ALF) to optimize clock performance and minimize jitter
- Fail-safe lock to external sources (Sure Lock) and Word Clock termination sensing