This Wah Does Double!
Vox Big Bad Wah Effects Pedal at a Glance:
- Satriani-designed pedal pot, for smooth and musical tone
- Mythical Joe Satriani's vision of the ultimate Wah
- Two different built-in wah voices, one customizable
Mythical Joe Satriani's vision of the ultimate Wah
Joe "Satch" Satriani and the crew at Vox have been working together to develop a range of Satch's "ultimate" pedals - packing in everything Satriani's ever wanted in a particular effects pedal and building his dream pedalboard arsenal. When designing the Big Bad Wah, Satriani wanted to be sure he had access to more than just wah voice - without having to bend down and do too much tweaking to shake up his tone. This idea gave rise to the Big Bad Wah - it features two voices, easily selectable on the fly, and even customizable so you can build your signature wah sound.
Two different built-in wah voices, one customizable
Vox's Big Bad Wah sports two different wah voices, so you have access to two different wah voices onstage - without having to switch off one wah and turn on a differently tweaked wah. The first wah, Wah 1, sports Vox's signature UK sound - and is totally British through and through, only hot-rodded to meet Satriani's accurate tonal specs. The second wah is customizable. You can go with from two inductors - one U.K.-style, one U.S.-style - and adjust a Drive knob, to get a bunch of gain. At the Drive knob's lowest setting, the Wah 2 mimics the gain of Wah 1. But, when you turn it up to its highest setting, you enjoy a 10dB boost - perfect for aggressive tones when soloing.
Satriani-designed pedal pot, for smooth and musical tone
Satriani helped craft everything about the Vox Big Bad Wah - and played through plenty of prototypes to be sure he landed on the perfect sound. Satch even designed the Big Bad Wah's pedal pot, so the pedal would respond with a smooth and musical tone, across the entire travel of the pedal.
Vox Big Bad Wah Effects Pedal Features:
- Two Wah Voices, on-the-fly switchable
- Wah 1 features a Vox-style British sound
- Wah 2 is user-customizable, with selectable inductors and a Drive Knob
- 10dB boost when Drive Knob is at its max setting
- Joe Satriani-designed wah tones and smooth, musical pedal pot
- Controls: Pedal Controller, Drive Knob, Voice Switch, Inductor Select
- Switch, Wah 1/Wah 2 Switch
- Jacks: 1 x Input, 1 x Out, 1 x DC 9V
- Input Impedance: 1M-ohms
- Out Impedance: 22k-ohms
- Current consumption: 4 mA
- Battery life: approximately 90 hours (when using zine-carbon battery)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.12" x 9.96" x 3.07"
- Weight: 2.65 lbs. (without battery)
- Includes 1 9V battery, can be powered by optional power supply