One of the World's Best Snare Mics!Everybody has at least one SM57 in their mic collection, right? It's a great mic for many, many things. Amps, snares, vocals, you name it, the SM57 can do it. The Shure Beta 57A is the next generation of the venerable SM57, updating it to a supercardioid pickup pattern and giving it more output. What does that mean to the sound? Well, it's even more resistant to bleed from the sides — great for onstage or during full-band recording sessions. Plus, the Beta 57A's frequency response (50Hz-16kHz) and presence bumps (4kHz, 9kHz, and 11kHz) make it ideal for guitar tracks that'll really cut through the mix.
But where we really like to let the Beta 57A shine is on snare drums. The backbeat comes through loud, clear, and snappy when the Beta 57A is your mic of choice. This dynamic mic is a good choice on almost any sound source. In fact, there's not a lot it can't do! And when you consider it's only slightly more expensive than its legendary sibling, there's no reason not to have at least one, if not a whole sack full of Beta 57As!
Shure Beta 57A Features at a Glance:
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, guitars, vocals, and horns with studio quality sound
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect and resists wear and abuse
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio output
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Frequency response: 50 to 16,000 Hz