The Mic You've Been Looking For!Finally, someone's gone and made a super-convenient, modular small-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone - and that someone is (not surprisingly) Shure. Yeah, that's right, check it out: the Shure Beta 181. You know what's so freaking cool about the Beta 181? This slick little mic can fit where regular pencil mics just can't. That makes the Beta 181 totally awesome for cymbals, amps, acoustic instruments - you name it! Plus, the Beta 181 can handle super-high SPLs, so no matter where you stick it, it's cool.
This Beta 181/S's got a supercardioid pickup pattern. That means the Beta 181/S doesn't just fit wherever you need it to go, it also has a tight and focused pattern and heroic side rejection. What's even cooler is that if you need another pickup pattern, you can always pick up another Beta 181 capsule and swap them out. Talk about a sweet little mic!
Shure Beta 181/S Small-diaphragm Side-address Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Sensitivity: -49.5dBV/Pa (2.5 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 154.5dB SPL (2.5-kohm load), 152.0dB SPL (1-kohm load)
- Precision-engineered, compact side-address design
- Easy to position in many configurations and in tight places front-address condensers won't fit
- Optional interchangeable polar pattern capsules attach to the Beta 181 body for extra flexibility
- For use in high SPL environments
- Includes stand adapter, windscreen, and carrying case (carrying case will securely protect up to 4 polar pattern capsules)
- Weight: 5.1 oz.