Get Amazing Bass Tracks!Just so you know... You need an iLok to use this.
Bass Amp Room's ready for you, but are you ready for it? This plug-in is flat-out loaded with the low-end vibe you need to fill out your bass sound. The idea behind the plug-in was simple: hook you up with the best possible sound quality while making killer tones quick and really simple to dial in. That's why Softube's Bass Amp Room offers up a way-classic 1970s bass amp, three distinctive speaker cabinets, and microphones you can easily click and drag around to achieve "that" sound. Excellent results, fast workflow: that's Bass Amp Room.
Softube Bass Amp Room Bass Amp and Cabinet Modeling Plug-in at a Glance:
- Cool "D.I." control to get tweaky with — just like you've got it plugged in
- Sounds killer — get the tone you want in seconds, not hours
- Let's talk possibilities: from classic to heavy to modern, you can nail it
Sounds stellar — get the tone you want in seconds, not hours
You're looking for bass sounds that rule, that's why you're reading this. And while you could definitely haul in a back-breaking bass rig and spend forever picking the right microphone position, you're wanting to save the fuss and go with a plug-in. Cool. Not all plug-ins, though, are the fuss-free, instant tonal answer you're looking for: but this one is. Rather than give you menus for days and eight trillion possible amp/speaker combinations to labor over trying out, Softube made Bass Amp Room all about putting you in touch with sweet tone — fast. We'll dig more into that in the next little section.
Let's talk possibilities: from classic to heavy to modern, you can nail it
Bass Amp Room loads you up with one classic bass amp head — a 1970s favorite originally designed as a guitar amp... but quickly snatched up by bassists for its versatile tonal nirvana. Since you've got your amp head selected, you've got your choice of three speaker cabinets. For those most desireable fat bass tones — plenty of low end, plenty of definition — run your sound through "The Classic." It's a trusty 8x10". Looking to take your sound in a more "rock" direction... focused, and hard? You're gonna want to use Bass Amp Room's "The Rocker," a 4x12". If you're wanting to get really twisted on conventions, we highly recommend "The Odd Bird." It's an open-back 1x12" — no, not the usual bass player choice, but it's got killer tone for the studio. Whatever you go with, you can easily drag and drop the microphone around the cabinet until you find that "sweet spot." It's really like you're in a room with a bass amp. The Bass Amp Room, if you will.
Cool "D.I." control to adjust — just like you've got it plugged in
This one's fun. Softube features separate D.I. controls to toy with. Just as though you've got an amp in the studio... the microphone on one channel, the D.I. on another... you can have the same mixing/matching/blending fun with Bass Amp Room. There's a D.I. limiter to tame the transients and you've also got the ability to blend the D.I. with the amp signal — go distorted with the amp, for example, then bring back some low end with the D.I. Having both options really lets you round out that sound- and since you're using a plug-in, not an old recorded track, you can use this feature creatively as you get the bass to sit right at the bottom of the mix. Sweet.
Softube Bass Amp Room Bass Amp and Cabinet Modeling Plug-in Features:
- RTAS/VST/AU plug-in
- Bass amp and cabinet-modeling plug-in
- Three versatile and good-sounding cabinets: 8x10" "The Classic"; 4x12" "The Rocker; 1x12" "The Odd Bird
- Designed for excellent results and fast work flow
- Built-in one-knob limiter in D.I. panel
- Really simple to use mix and D.I. panel
- Flexible and continuous click-and-drag microphone positioning
- Fully automatable parameters
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface
- Compatible with all effects that work with genuine amps
- Amp/Cab Bypass possibilities let you use cabinets from other Amp Room products
Softube Bass Amp Room Bass Amp and Cabinet Modeling Plug-in Rig Requirements:
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G3 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- Any VST, AU or RTAS compatible host application (Pro Tools 7.0 compatible hosts required for RTAS)
- iLok USB key and the newest Pace Interlok drivers