The Audiophiles Love This One!For pro monitor control, add TC Electronic's BMC-2 to your studio setup. This useful desktop monitor controller operates with or without your computer. It not only lets you switch between digital in sources - S/PDIF/AES3, TOS, and ADAT - but also lets you take instant, practical control over your levels. In fact, the TC Electronic BMC-2 monitor controller lets you define your own reference levels, for calibrated reference monitoring. There's even more to this controller — keep reading to learn about the one-of-a-kind Integrity Check feature built-in the TC Electronic BMC-2.
TC Electronic High-definition D/A Converter and Monitor Controller at a Glance:
- Flexible digital inputs plus digital and analog outputs
- Calibrate your listening levels for accurate referencing
- iCheck reveals problems with the audio signal
- Precision jitter-reduction technology, borrowed from the flagship Rig 6000
Calibrate your listening levels for accurate referencing
To meet the needs of critical audio referencing, the BMC-2 works with user-defined reference levels. Just hit the "REF" button on the front panel and the BMC-2 will attenuate to the SPL out you've set. The levels will even be attenuated to the headphones out, so you can accurately reference your audio however you work best.
iCheck reveals problems with the audio signal
The BMC-2's Integrity Check or "iCheck" is especially useful. Go with an in, and iCheck will reveal if the signal is spatially compromised — perhaps because of data reduction from MP3 or AAC encoding at too low of a bit rate.
Precision jitter-reduction technology, borrowed from the flagship Rig 6000
TC Electronic packed their premier JET jitter-reduction technology into the BMC-2 — it's the same technology featured on TC's System 6000. It serves to give you all of the benefits of optical interfacing, just without jitter issues.
Flexible digital inputs plus digital and analog outputs
Built-in the BMC-2 there are three digital in types — S/PDIF (also handling AES3 and AES3-id format), TOS, and ADAT. Just select one of the three Input Select keys to select the input you wish to hear. On the out side, the BMC-2 can interface with analog speakers via XLR. Or, you can connect digital speakers to the S/PDIF output — the S/PDIF output is really an AES 3-id out, so it can drive AES inputs, even over long cable runs.
TC Electronic High-definition D/A Converter and Monitor Controller Features:
- Puts premium monitor level control and D/A conversion onto your desktop
- Can calibrate reference levels for accurate referencing via monitors or headphones
- iCheck reveals spatial problems with the signal
- Can work with a Mac or PC, or can operate independently of a computer
- Features TC Electronic's flagship JET jitter-reduction technology
- Selectable between three digital input sources — S/PDIF (AES and AES3-id), ADAT, and TOS
- Features both analog and digital outputs — XLR and S/PDIF (AES3-id)
- Includes a 12V DC power adapter