A Short-scale Bass with Big ToneShort scale, but big on tone! This red rocker is a mean machine that's built for speed - which is why bass legends like Jack Bruce used it to fuel the rhythm section in the world's first power trio. The Gibson SG Special Bass boasts a super-comfy 30" scale length, which lets you run up and down the neck with ease. The oversized neck humbucker is warm and woody, with the bridge humbucker coughing up a bit more bite. The SG Special Bass is built completely from mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard, which makes it lightweight along with giving it a strong midrange presence. When you need a bass that looks tough and sounds even tougher, check out the Gibson SG Special Bass Faded.
Gibson SG Special Bass Solidbody Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- Short-scale bass with big, humbucking tone
- 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret
- Mahogany body and neck give you warm, rich tone
- Comfortable SG-style body
- Chrome 3-point bridge and Grover Shamrock tuners for tuning stability
- Hardshell case included to protect your bass