Freedom PANo, not the county in Pennsylvania. It's Roland's BA-55 - a versatile, portable PA with some cool tricks up its sleeve. A totally portable PA system that can be used anywhere - for anything - the BA-55 gives you freedom. Freedom to play an outdoor gig untethered. And freedom from having to buy any additional gear: the BA-55 comes bundled with a matching wireless microphone you can use for for public speaking, singing, or anything else that needs amplification. Battery powered and lightweight - yet solidly built, you can use the BA-55 as a wireless PA system in a wide variety of indoor or outdoor settings such as classrooms, restaurants, weddings, intimate club dates, or business meetings.
Now, this is cool: move the the BA-55 from vertical to horizontal placement - and an internal sensor will automatically switch output from mono to stereo! Say you've got a speaking engagement and need maximum power and projection: use the vertical mono mode. You'll definitely want a big stereo image for that wedding or party, however, so flip it horizontal. Easy as falling off a log. Another gig-saver is an automatic anti-feedback system that blocks acoustical feedback without impacting your audio.
The BA-55 sports three channels, 2-band EQ, and a variety of inputs and outputs that can accommodate whatever you toss its way. There's also an onboard Echo/Reverb effect that is easy-to-use and will make you sound awesome. A single knob tweaks both the effect type and amount. Twist the knob from Off to 12 o'clock and you get a natural plate-reverb effect that adds an organic ambience to your vocal and/or instruments. From 12 to max, the BA-55 serves up a slap effect. Oh, yes - the effect can also be switched on and off from the included DR-WM55 wireless microphone. Convenient, huh?
The BA-55 gives you major flexibility and great sound - and at under 20 pounds, you'll be able to toss it in the car on the way to wherever you need to sound loud.
Roland BA-55 Battery-powered Portable Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- A Totally portable, great-sounding PA for audiences up to 80 people
- SPL (sound-pressure level) rated at a powerful 108dB
- DR-WM55 2.4GHz wireless microphone included (a second DR-WM55 may be purchased separately for simultaneous use)
- Operates on 8 AA batteries or AC power (AC adapter included)
- Onboard accelerometer sensor switches operation to stereo mode when positioned horizontally
- Two 6.5" high-performance speakers
- 3-channel built-in mixer with 2-band EQ
- Echo/Reverb effect
- Built-in Anti-feedback function
- Line output for recording or expanding the system
- Integrated storage compartment for storing wireless microphones and accessories
- Auto Power Off function
- Compatible with Roland ST-A95 speaker stand