This One's KILLER For Vocals!Every studio needs a great large-diaphragm condenser. And if you're just starting out, with an eye on your budget... you CANNOT go wrong with the Studio Projects B3. We've actually heard of home recordists using the B3 to do their whole project... vocals, acoustic guitar, percussion... everything. The results? Awesome enough to stun engineers with microphone collections 10x the cost of the B3. Why does it work so well? The B3 has a transparency with just a subtle warm color. That way, what you're recording sounds natural — a lot like how your ear hears it. And with the three recording patterns on the B3 (cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8), you've really got a lot of flexibility with this one.
Park the B3 in front of vocalists of any style. Use a pair as overheads. Podcast with it. Put it near your piano... whatever you do, it's practically impossible to get bad results with the B3. That's probably why you could call this affordable mic a modern cult classic. Those in the know (and now you are) rave about the Studio Projects B3.
Studio Projects B3 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- A superb vocal microphone with warm transparent character
- Great for overhead choirs, strings, pianos & percussion
- Great for production, broadcast, and voice over work
- Perfect for the professional and home project studio
- A quality vocal mic suitable for all vocal styles
- Pressure-Gradient Transducer, Dual 1" 3 um mylar capsule
- Selectable patterns (omni, cardioid, figure eight)
- High Pass Filter
- 10db Pad
- Includes a zippered bag, foam wind screen, mic clip, and shockmount