An Amazing Mic You Can Use for ANYTHING!Some people say there's no single microphone that's great on any source. Obviously, they've never picked up a Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387. The Atlantis FC-387 is an ultra-smooth and supremely detailed large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone. But that's just the beginning. If you're not already familiar with Lauten Audio's obsession with versatility, the Atlantis FC-387 is a great example. It gives you three totally different voicings, on top of three gain settings and three polar patterns. The result: a microphone you can tailor to fit both the instrument you're recording and the environment you're recording in. How cool is that!?
So, what exactly does "three totally different voicings" mean? Simple. The Atlantis FC-387 has a 3-way toggle that lets you select between Gentle, Neutral, and Forward settings. Gentle eases off transients, reducing the sibilance of esses and genrally smoothing out your highs and mids. Forward, on the other hand, adds high-end definition, allowing you to breath life into otherwise lifeless sources. And in the Neutral setting, the Atlantis FC-387 gives you an amazing all-around balance of highs and lows.
You also can't deny how useful the Atlantis FC-387's gain and polar pattern settings are. The +10dB gain setting is great for adding "umph" to your vocals and hitting your microphone preamp harder. Of course, if you're recording a guitar cab or drums, you may need to roll off the gain. That's where the -10dB setting comes in handy. Likewise, the Atlantis FC-387's omni setting gives you amazing wide-open sound, but when you need to worry about ambient noise or isolation, its cardioid or figure-8 settings are wonderful to have. So no matter what you need to record or where you need to record it, you're going to be glad you have a Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387.
Lauten Audio Atlantis FC-387 FET Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Extremely versatile FET condenser microphone that's great for anything from vocals to didgeridoos
- Large-diaphragm, solid-state FET design provide a naturally smooth sound
- Individually hand-tuned capsule and premium high-resolution electronics provide unrivaled sound quality
- Switchable omni, figure-8, and cardioid polar patterns let you adapt to any environment
- 3 x voicing options let you change the contour of your sound, mellowing out highs or bringing them forward
- 3 x gain settings let you boost weaker signals and pad louder sources such as drums and guitar amplifiers