Way-versatile Preamp from SSL!The SSL Xlogic Alpha VHD preamplifier sports the flexibility to track transparent, clear audio, or add sonic character ranging from warm to raging. Four premium SSL preamps (with up to 75dB of gain) are on board the Alpha VHD, combined with a Variable Harmonic Drive circuit that will make this unit an incredibly versatile part of your signal chain. You already know SSL's products feature quality and reliablity that's second to none; now get some of that sweet SSL sound for yourself with the Alpha VHD preamplifier!
SSL Xlogic Alpha VHD 4-channel Preamplifier at a glance:
- Variable Harmonic Drive
- SSL quality and innovation
- An array of controls
SSL quality and innovation
Based on the VHD circuit from SSL's Duality console, the VHD Pre adds four SSL microphone preamps to any line level DAW audio interface, transforming it into a pro quality, multi-channel analogue recording system. These preamps provide up to 75dB of gain, so everything from robust line-level instruments to delicate ribbon microphones will benefit.
Variable Harmonic Drive
The preamps are combined with independent Variable Harmonic Drive circuits that use 100% analog signal paths to generate rich harmonic distortion - adding SSL analogue attitude to your digital recordings. As you increase the input gain, the Variable Harmonic Drive circuit introduces a blendable mix of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your source material, taking it from gentle tube-style richness to transistorized clipping. It's a new world of overdriven possibilities.
You get an array of controls, including illuminated 20dB pad switches, hi-Z switches, individual in, output, and Variable Harmonic Drive controls for each channel. You can really take control of your signal and add character with this preamplifier.
SSL Xlogic Alpha VHD 4-channel Preamplifier Features:
- Ultra-clean SSL preamplifier with 75dB of gain
- 48V phantom power
- 20dB pad switches that illuminate to indicate overload
- hi-Z switches to accommodate microphone, line and instrument level signals
- Four independent Variable Harmonic Drive systems
- Front panel 1/4" jack instrument/line level inputs with passive DI type impedance detection and level matching
- Individual input, out and VHD controls for each section
- Rear panel XLR mic/line inputs and XLR output