Awesome "Go To" Microphone for the Home Studio!What's one major difference from a pro vocal track and an amateur vocal track? The pro one sounds all nice and "up front" in the mix, while the amateur one is barely competing with all the other sounds going on. Which camp do you want to be in? The first, obviously. And while some people might say you can "fix it in the mix," why bother to do it then when you can get a nice up-front, present vocal sound by using a microphone that helps you out from the start? That's exactly why the Audio-Technica AT4033/CL is such a good pick. It just nails that vocal presence and placement that recording engineers can LABOR over... and you can get it right from the beginning nice stuff.
But while we keep yammering on about how great of a vocal mic the AT4033/CL is, we don't want to lose track of one important point: THIS MIC IS VERSATILE. You're going to love it on acoustic guitar. Grab a pair and use them as drum overheads... unbelievable. Need to record a bass cabinet? Flip the sensitivity switch and go to town. You'd be hard-pressed to find an application where the AT4033/CL doesn't give you a useable sound, let alone a GREAT one. If you've got to pick just one microphone to do the majority of your home recordings, the AT4033/CL is a winner time and time again.
Audio-Technica AT4033/CL Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with cardioid pickup pattern
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm undergoes a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Floating-construction capsule assembly provides isolation from noise and vibration
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Included accessories: AT8449 shock mount, microphone dust cover, protective case