Great Mic, Great Value!Audio-Technica's AT4022 is a low-profile omnidirectional condenser microphone that's a sweet choice for miking acoustic guitar, piano, and a host of other acoustic instruments. Ideal for both studio and live situations, thanks to its high SPL handling, wide dynamic range, and flat frequency response, the AT4022 also features a special low-mass diaphragm that serves to improve transient response and reduce issues from mechanical and handling noise. Ruggedly designed and with a selectable highpass filter and 10dB pad, the AT4022 is another superb microphone from Audio-Technica.
Audio-Technica AT4022 Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Incredible acoustic instrument microphone
- Selectable highpass filter and 10dB pad
- High SPL handling and superb transient response
Awesome acoustic instrument microphone
With an exceptionally flat frequency response and an omnidirectional pattern, the Audio-Technica AT4022 is well suited to capturing acoustic guitars, pianos, and virtually any acoustic instrument. Its wide dynamic range also makes it a incredible choice for both studio and stage environments.
Selectable highpass filter and 10dB pad
Designed to tailor to whatever source you need to record or reproduce live, the Audio-Technica AT4022 microphone offers an 80Hz highpass filter, to reduce low end rumble and feedback, and a 10dB pad.
High SPL handling and superb transient response
The Audio-Technica AT4022 microphone offers an SPL handling of 146dB, 156dB when the 10dB pad is engaged. This high handling, in addition to its low-mass element for superb transient response makes the AT4022 a good choice for percussion miking.
Audio-Technica AT4022 Condenser Microphone Features:
- Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Max SPL: 146 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 156 dB SPL, with 10dB pad (nominal)
- Self-noise: 13 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (TYPICAL): 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 81 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Required 48V Phantom Power
- Switches: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad
- Weight: 4.4 oz
- Dimensions: 5.67" long, 0.83"maximum body diameter
- Output connector: Built-in 3-pin XLRM-type
- Included Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case