Great Mic, Great Value!The Audio-Technica AT4021 is versatile small-diaphragm condenser microphone that's perfect for both the studio and the stage. The AT4021's cardioid pickup pattern helps to improve isolation of your sound source, and an built-in switch lets you go with between a flat response, or a rolled-off response at 80Hz, to eliminate bass rumble. It's a good choice for miking acoustic guitars or for using as a drum overhead microphone. Essential accessories, including a stand clamp, a windscreen, and a protective carrying case, are included with the Audio-Technica AT4021 small-diaphragm condenser microphone.
Audio-Technica AT4021 Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- 10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter, for tailoring the AT4021 to the source
- Studio and stage-worthy microphone, incredible for acoustic guitar and drums
Studio and stage-worthy microphone, awesome for acoustic guitar and drums
A member of Audio-Technica's rugged 40-series microphones, the AT4021 is a worthy choice for both stage- and studio-miking needs. It features a cardioid pickup pattern for excellent sonic isolation from other instruments, and its low self-noise keeps it usable in critical studio jobs. You'll find the AT4021 to be an especially good choice for miking acoustic guitars, plus for using as drum overhead microphones, in a pair.
10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter, for tailoring the AT4021 to the source
The Audio-Technica AT4021 lets you tailor its response to whatever source you happen to be miking. Already, it features high SPL handling - 146dB - and, with its 10dB pad engaged, you can comfortably handle sources up to 156dB SPL, without distortion. This makes the AT4021 especially useful in drum-miking situations. What's more, an built-in highpass filter at 80Hz helps to take out the muddy low frequencies, giving you a cleaner sound when recording more articulate, high-frequency-emphasized instruments.
Audio-Technica AT4021 Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Features:
- Polar pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Bass Roll-off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34dB (19.9mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Max SPL: 146dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 156dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Self-noise: 14dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 132dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 80dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Requires 48V phantom power
- Switches:Flat, roll-off; 10dB pad
- Weight: 4.2 oz.
- Dimensions: 5.67" long, .83" max body diameter
- Output Connector: Built-in 3-pin XLRM-type
- Included Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case