What a Steal!Love this mic! That's not a command, that's a general statement. This is one of the most raved about little microphones at this price. Why? It's unbelievably versatile, for one. True, one look and you might think "this is perfect for vocals" (and it is), but you'll want to know that it has three different pickup patterns - omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 - so you can use it for just about everything, any miking method, any configuration, whatever.
The Audio-Technica AT2050 really shines on vocals, but you'll also love it on piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and beyond. There's a switchable highpass filter at 80Hz (kill that low-end rumble!) and there's a 10dB pad in case you have to stick it in front of mega-loud sources. Classy touches that super-charge the value are the included shockmount and protective pouch. Join the legions of fans using this affordable black beauty for just about everything in the studio... again, you're going to love this mic!
Audio-Technica AT2050 Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range
- Element: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar patterns: Cardioid, omni, figure-8
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Low-frequency roll-off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Impedance:120 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 149dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159dB SPL, with 10dB pad (nominal)
- Switches: Polar pattern selections; flat, roll-off; 10dB pad
- Weight: 14.5 oz
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: Shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
- Requires +48V phantom power