Get That Legendary API Sound!The API 3124+ 4-channel microphone and instrument preamplifier packs API console sound and performance into a totally easy-to-use, premium-quality rackmountable unit. Whether you're capturing vocals or plugging in an instrument, you'll definitely appreciate the 3124+. It uses the same preamplifier circuit found in API mixers, plus the same out transformer you'll find in API's equalizers - a recipe for sweet API sound and character! This preamplifier has a completely robust gain range, making it useful for a wide range of in sources. Equally at home onstage, in the broadcast rig, and in the recording studio, the 3124+ is a genuine performer.
API 3124+ 4-channel Mic/Instrument Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Perfect for microphones and instruments alike
- Premium API parts inside
- Ideal for a bunch of audio applications
Ideal for a wide range of audio applications
API's obsession with quality means the 3124+ rocks a stellar front end to a wide bunch of audio jobs. The 3124+ is designed with the pro engineer in mind, giving you four channels of premium preamplifier performance, while keeping the size and price at a reasonable level. Equally at home in the control room, the recording studio, and news or recording truck, at the house console, on the stage, direct-to-DAT, or at the ready in your personal studio.
Premium API parts inside
This preamplifier offers the amazing sound and performance characteristics that make API gear so popular among studios, engineers, and musicians. How? The model 3124+ utilizes the same microphone preamplifier circuit that is used in all API mixers. It uses the RE-115 K microphone in transformer and the same Out transformer that is used in all API equalizers. All four microphone inputs of the 3124+ are powered by an internal 48 volt phantom power supply, front panel selectable for each channel. Also provided is a front panel 20dB pad switch that effects both the Microphone and Line in.
Perfect for microphones and instruments alike
You get plenty of headroom from this pre, whether you're plugging in a microphone or an instrument. The model 3124+ can provide up to 65dB of gain to an Out clip level of +30 dBm. The hi-Z front panel In goes straight to the op-amp, allowing a low level Input such as a guitar or bass to be amplified without a matching transformer or direct box. This hi-Z input can take input levels as high as +22, making it perfect for keyboards and other high level devices. The rear Out is an XLR connector.
API 3124+ 4-channel Mic/Instrument Preamplifier Features:
- Uses API 2520 Op-amp
- Classic Console Circuit
- Four XLR Microphone Inputs
- Four 1/4" Un-Balanced Inputs
- Front Panel Polarity Switch
- Front Panel 20dB PadSwitch
- Front Panel Mic/Line Switch
- Front Panel 48V Power Switch
- Out Clips at +30dBm
- Input Impedance:1500 Ohms Microphone, 470 K Ohms Un-Balanced, hi-Z in
- Output Impedance:Less than 75 Ohms Channel Outputs
- Nominal Levels:XLR Channel Output +4dBu
- Stereo Output Level:Unbalanced: nominal -2, Balanced: +4
- Clipping Level:XLR Channel Output better than +28dBm
- Frequency Response:+0, -5, 10Hz to 20kHz (-.5 at 10Hz)
- Noise EIN:-129 Microphone, -125 Un-Bal. Actual
- Measured Noise:Better than -91dBm/below Nominal +4.
- Distortion:All Outs at +4 out, .03%, at +22, .09% Max
- Gain Range:150 Ohms Input 10dB Min., 65dB Max (inc. PAD). Un-Bal. Input 14dB Min., 50dB Max
- VU Meter:Calibrated for XLR Outputs, OVU=+4 dBu, (-12, -6, -3, 0, +3, +6, +18)
- Controls:GAIN, PAD (20dB), 48Volts, POL (polarity), Microphone (mic/un-ba;), VU, AC
- Dimensions:19" x 1U x 8"
- Weight: 11 lbs.