"Genuine Lynx AES/EBU Interface, Great Price!"Lynx Studio Technology's AES16e-SRC 192 kHz Multichannel AES/EBU PCI Express Interface integrates digital mixers, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, and hard disk recorders with PCI Express-equipped computer-based workstations, while offering 16 channels of high quality sample rate conversion. The AES16e-SRC offers unprecedented AES/EBU channel capacity and routing flexibility in a x1 PCIe card format. With support for up to 16 channels of input and out at sample rates up to 192 kHz, the AES16e-SRC turns your computer into a intense digital router or patchbay with lots of flexibility with minimal cabling. Most importantly, the AES16e-SRC supports the single-wire 192kHz standard and is compatible with existing dual-wire AES/EBU devices. Up to eight AES16es can be installed in one computer (Windows).
Lynx Studio Technology's AES16e-SRC At-a-Glance:
- Extremely Low Latencies
- Sample Rate Conversion
- On-Board Digital Mixer
Offering a solution for jitter problems in AES signals, the AES16e-SRC incorporates Lynx word clock technology called SynchroLock that has extreme jitter tolerance at all inputs. By coupling statistical analysis with low-noise clock generation techniques, SynchroLock is able to pull out a totally clean clock from AES signals affected by long cable lengths and other noise sources. The clock output of SynchroLock can also be used as a completely accurate word clock source for other studio devices.
Extremely Low Latencies
Glitch-free recording and playback is assured due to the AES16e-SRC 's large on-board buffers and extremely efficient zero-wait state DMA engine. These features provide tolerance to rig latencies and significantly reduce load on the host CPU. Data transfer hardware and software are highly optimized to provide extremely low latencies for ASIO and other real-time jobs.
The AES16e-SRC includes an LStream expansion port for increasing its I/O capabilities. Connecting a Lynx LS-ADAT adds multi-channel ADAT lightpipe I/O and supports format conversion between AES/EBU and ADAT.
Sample Rate Conversion
The AES16e-SRC model offers eight channels of mastering quality sample rate conversion to accommodate studios running multiple samples rates or signals not locked to "house sync".
On-Board Digital Mixer
The on-board digital mixer offers flexible patch-bay style routing and digital mixing. Zero Latency 32-channel/32-bit digital mixer with 16 sub outs. Multiple dither algorithms available per channel.
Lynx Studio Technology's AES16e-SRC Features:
- 16-channel AES/EBU Digital I/O
- X1 PCI Express Interface
- 16 Channels of sample rate conversion
- 192 kHz/24-bit Single-wire and Dual-wire Modes
- SynchroLock word clock with Jitter Attenuation
- Multi-card Synchronization
- Rocking Mixing and Routing Engine
- Low-latency Drivers for Windows and Macintosh
- 24-bit AES/EBU format
- 16 I/O in single-wire mode; 8 I/O in dual-wire mode
- Expansion: LStream port offers 16 channels of ADAT I/O
- Clock source: digital inputs, internal and external clocks
- Zero Latency 32-channel / 32-bit digital mixer with 16 sub outputs
- Multiple dither algorithms per channel
- Extremely low-jitter, tunable sample clock with SynchroLock Zero-wait state, 16-channel, scatter-gather DMA engine
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista: MME, ASIO 2.0, WDM, DirectSound, Direct Kernel Streaming and GSIF
- Macintosh OSX: CoreAudio
Optional cables are CBL-AES1604and CBL-AES1605.