RME Sound Quality!RME's ADI-4 DD digital format converter is a simplified and highly cost-efficient smaller version of the renowned ADI-8 DD. Made into a space-saving half-rack space enclosure, the ADI-4 DD has AES-3 and ADAT connectivity and really simple conversion.
RME ADI-4 DD format converter at a Glance:
- SteadyClock technology suppresses jitter
- Two converters handle 96kHz ADAT, AES-3 and S/PDIF
- Really simple control of incoming and outgoing signals
Simple control of incoming and outgoing signals
The ADI-4 DD converter delivers seamless format conversion with really simple LED monitoring of incoming and outgoing signals. RME's one-of-a-kind SyncCheck function not only shows if an input signal is locked, but also if multiple ins are in synchronicity. Furthermore RME's SyncAlign technology prevents accidental errors of +/- 1 sample misalignment between the AES/EBU ins. The AES out signal can be set to Professsional or Consumer subcode. Channel 1/2 can optionally be received and output optically via TOSlink connectors.
SteadyClock technology suppresses jitter
The ADI-4 DD employs RME's SteadyClock technology to guarantee excellent performance in all clock modes. Its highly efficient jitter suppression enables the ADI-4 DD to refresh and clean up any clock signal, and to provide the clock signal as reference clock at the word clock output. Additionally, RME's Intelligent Clock Control will maintain the last sample rate detected as valid in case of fault and loss of input signal. The device can be stacked without limit, all devices will be sample synchronous by using word clock. The ADI-4 DD stores all settings at power-off.
Two converters handle 96kHz ADAT, AES-3 and S/PDIF
The ADI-4 DD actually consists of two converters: four AES-3 ins to double ADAT outs, and double ADAT ins to four AES-3 outputs. The double ADAT ports enable full 8-channel support, from 32kHz up to 96kHz (S/MUX). The ADI-4 DD sports one direct XLR I/O. A DB-25 connector allows for a use of industry standard AES-3 I/O breakout cables. Setting an internal connector easily changes the DB-25 connector to meet the pinout of Tascam, Yamaha and Euphonix cables.
ADI-4 DD conversion modes include:
- 8-channel AES to ADAT optical converter (96kHz)
- 2-channel AES to 8-channel ADAT splitter (96kHz)
- 8-channel ADAT to AES converter (96kHz)
- 2-channel AES to 8-channel AES splitter (96kHz)
- 4-channel AES Double Wire to AES Single Wire converter (96kHz)
- 4-channel AES Single Wire to AES Double Wire converter (96kHz)
All in all the ADI-4 DD shows an unsurpassed flexibility together with a sensational price point. It is a perfect interface solution in all areas, from home studio up to broadcast jobs.
RME ADI-4 DD format converter Features:
- Excellent AES/EBU front end for RME digital I/O cards (ADAT optical I/O)
- Serves as 8-channel AES and ADAT I/O for all digital mixing mixers with ADAT or AES ports
- Lets you operate up to 4 S/PDIF or AES devices
- Converts between AES-3, S/PDIF and S/PDIF optical
- Takes out jitter from AES-3 and ADAT signals
- Handles sample rates from 32kHz to 96kHz
- 4 AES inputs via DB-25, 1 direct XLR
- S/PDIF-compatible inputs and outputs
- 2 ADAT optical outputs
- Word Clock I/O on BNC connector
- Excellent switching power supply included for worldwide operation at 100-240 volts