World-class AD/DA Converter!The RME ADI-2 is a both small and extremely flexible 2-channel Hi-End AD/DA-converter. The small 9.5" RME ADI-2 offers top notch AD/DA-conversion from/to SPDIF, AES and ADAT, at up to 192kHz. Its ability to use SPDIF, AES and ADAT format rocks outstanding compatibility.
RME ADI-2 at a Glance:
- Clear layout makes the ADI-2 really simple to use out of the box.
- Runs on many power supplied.
- Balanced ins and outputs, and monitoring via headphone out.
- Digital Connectivity
- SteadyClock for optimal converter quality, 24-bit/192kHz.
Balanced inputs and outputs
The ADI-2 is equipped with a balanced stereo line in via two Neutrik XLR/phones combo jacks, a balanced stereo line out with XLR plus separate and at once active phone jacks, plus an fully adjustable headphone out.
The analog inputs and outputs use the same circuit design as RME's famous ADI-8, guaranteeing outstandingly low noise and distortion. Three different settings for the in and out levels each provide perfect compatibility on analog domain. A further highlight is SteadyClock, a proprietary clock technology for max jitter suppression. SteadyClock guarantees superb sound quality completely independent from the quality of the current reference clock. The ADI-2 uses the newest generation of AD/DA-converters capable of up to 192kHz sampling frequency at a S/N ratio of 110dB.
The RME ADI-2 has more to offer than tremendous sound, it also offers up exciting digital connectivity. The RME ADI-2's transformer-balanced coaxial (RCA) SPDIF I/O has selectable Channel Status to make it fully AES/EBU compatible. The optical TOSlink I/Os can handle up to 192kHz and also serve as ADAT I/Os with up to 96kHz sample rate. You can even use the RME ADI-2's SPDIF input and ADAT output or vice versa in AD/DA mode.
Clear Layout and Distinct Labeling
The clear layout and the distinct labeling of the RME ADI-2's front panel with its functional buttons, the informative status displays, a six-LED level meter plus the tidy functional back panel make the RME ADI-2 simple to operate the ADI-2 right out of the box. Protective rack handles and a strain-relief for power cord and audio cables are further useful details that make the ADI-2 even more one-of-a-kind.
Wide Range Of Power
Following the 'Universal Power Supply' philosophy of RME's Digiface, Multiface, QuadMic and OctaMic, the ADI-2 comes with an external switching power supply. Its more internal switching power supply has been specially designed and optimized for audio jobs. It works with any voltage from 7 to 30 V, be it AC or DC, and even runs on batteries and rechargeable batteries.
RME ADI-2 Features:
- 192kHz sampling frequency at a S/N ratio of 110dB.
- Balanced inputs and outputs
- Monitoring via headphone out
- SteadyClock for optimal converter quality
- 3-stage hardware input and output level control
- Runs on many power supplied.
- 3-stage hardware input and output level control.
- Neutrik XLR/phones combo jacks
- Balanced stereo line output with XLR
- Separate and at once active phone jacks
- Transformer-balanced coaxial (RCA) SPDIF I/O
- AES/EBU compatible.
- Six LED level meter
- Protective rack handles
- External switching power supply
- Works with any voltage from 7 to 30 V, AC or DC, runs on batteries and rechargeable batteries.