This Peavey Dominates!How much amp is enough amp for you? If you pine for a rig that can dominate any stage, lets you unleash your most furious riffs and solos, and sports headroom to spare, then you definitely need this amp! Peavey's tube-driven 6505 Head delivers - and then some. This 12AX7/6L6GC-fired monster pumps out an astounding 120 watts, so you know you're ready for serious business when you plug in. An easy-to-dial-in 3-band EQ puts you in control of your rhythm- and lead-channel tones, and presence and resonance controls let you dial in just the right amount of bite and thump.
Peavey based the 6505 Head on the mythical 5150 series, sought-after amps that powered (and continue to power) hordes of hard rockers, metal mavens, and shredders. Now, you can experience that molten magic in a brand-new amp! The 6505 Head is really simple to use, thanks to its elegantly brain-dead easy control panel. But tweakers will love the little details (including pre-/post-gain, bright, and crunch switches on the rhythm channel and pre-/post-gain switch on the lead channel). You also get a selectable post-EQ effects loop and a preamplifier out. High- and low-gain ins let you match up single-coil- and humbucker-equipped guitars to the amp. If you're ready to step up to the big time, then you need this head!
Peavey 6505 2-channel Tube Amp Head Features at a Glance:
- 5 x 12AX7 preamplifier tubes and 4 x 6L6GC power amp tubes
- High- and low-gain inputs
- 120 watts (RMS) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
- Footswitch included
- Preamplifier output
- Selectable post-EQ effects loop
- Presence and resonance controls
- 2-channel preamplifier that's selectable on the front panel or via footswitch
- Weight: 48 lbs.
- Rhythm channel: pre-/post-gain, bright and crunch switches
- Lead channel: pre-/post-gain
- Channels share 3-band EQ