Vintage Lakland Style for Less!There's no denying that Lakland is among the top names serious bass players turn to when they need a bass that can delver the tone and feel they demand. When you pick up a Lakland Skyline 44-64 electric bass guitar, the first thing you're going to think is NOT going to be, "golly, I bet this was made overseas." It's going to be more along the lines of, "holy jumping fish sticks, this bass is freaking amazing!" That's because it may have been made overseas, but your Skyline 44-64 got its final tuneup and tweaking in Lakland's Chicago facility, just like a US-made 44-64 bass. But that's just part of it.
You see, the Lakland Skyline 44-64 bass has a lot more in common with its US-made sibling than just where it got its finishing touches put on. In fact, the Skyline 44-64 features the same pickups and most of the same hardware as the original too. Wait till you hear the sound of the Skyline 44-64's incredible split-coil pickup, which gives you the classic punch and growl that practically defines vintage bass tone. Add to that the stability of a Lakland's dual-access bridge, and you've got the best of vintage tone and modern stability.
Lakland Skyline 44-64 Solidbody Electric Bass Guitar Features at a Glance:
- An incredibly versatile, classic-style electric bass that's perfect for a wide range of musical styles and playing techniques
- Part of Lakland's affordable Skyline series
- Lakland's legendary take on the 1964 P Bass in a more affordable format
- The classic combination of an ash body and rock maple neck give you a resonant tone with plenty of sustain
- Custom-wound hybrid split-coil pickup provides vintage-style thump, punch, and growl
- Lakland's dual-access bridge lets you change strings quickly and use any strings that you like
- Made overseas and finished in Lakland's US facility