Get Maximum Results!The 320D Compellor audio level controller from Aphex fits into any broadcast, studio, or live sound rig and serves as a incredible way compress and limit program material. This 1U rackmountable unit delivers intelligent compressor action, leveling, and peak limiting at once to solve audio level problems and improve audio signals. The 320D Compellor converts between acting as two independent mono processors and one linked stereo processor by front panel selection. This is true with both analog and digital I/O. Get the most out of your audio with the 320D Compellor!
Aphex 320D Compellor at a Glance:
- A/D or D/A
- Proprietary Aphex Technology
A/D or D/A
The 320D serves as a fine A to D converter with processing. When you use the analog in, the digital out contains the Compellor's processing and is therefore ready for use in almost any application. Conversely, the 320D serves as a fine D to A converter. When you use the digital in, the analog output contains the Compellor's processing, and is properly levelled and packaged. The pro analog audio inputs and Outs are fully balanced and adapt to consumer or pro operating levels at the touch of a button. Analog or digital source selection is made at the rear panel.
Proprietary Aphex Technology
The Compellor circuits are totally one-of-a-kind. By throwing away all conventional design ideas, we created audio processing with unprecedented sound transparency, yet is exceedingly effective at controlling levels. Because our designs are patented, no other company has been able to match the performance. Algorithms like our "DVG", "DRC", and "FDL" have yet to find any rivals. Aphex engineering and manufacturing produces products that last and last without need for repairs or calibration. Some Compellors have literally been in 24 hour use in the same rack for a decade, or longer! When you specify a Compellor, you know it will do its job flawlessly and give you peace of mind.
The first Compellor was introduced in 1983 as an analog product. Because of their cutting-edge technology, most of those older units are still in regular use. Since that time, newer models have been produced, still in analog form. Digital technology of today promises many improvements in user interfaces, and sometimes in sound quality, but not in audio processing algorithms. No digital Processor can match an analog Compellor for sound quality and effectiveness. Nevertheless, many of today's systems need a Compellor that can interface to digital audio.With the Model 320D, Aphex brings you just that. You get all the advantages of the analog processor with AES3 connectivity.
Aphex 320D Compellor Features:
- Frequency Discriminate Leveler - No bass pull-back in music
- Dynamic Release Computer
- Dynamic Verification Gate - adds greater transparency
- Silence Gate - Locks gain when audio stops
- Process balance - Lets you have any combination of leveling and compression
- True Bypass - no electronics in bypass
- AES3 I/O up to 96kHz
- Analog I/O - Fully balanced professional
- High Reliability - Famous Aphex Engineering
- Stereo & Dual Mono - Use as two separate channels or linked for stereo
- Source Select - Go with digital or analog input
- Dual Outputs - Use BOTH digital and analog at the same time with either in selected
- Controller with Digital and Analog I/O
- Analog Inputs/Outputs: 3 pin XLR Female
- Digital Inputs/Outputs: 3 pin XLR female
- Frequency Response: ±1dB 10Hz to 65kHz
- Ratio: Compressor 1.1:1 to 3:1 program dependent; Leveler 20:1; Limiter >30:1